True ... For a years rental, I can buy a TP Link 1750.

Talisman
Grasshopper

True ... For a years rental, I can buy a TP Link 1750.

0 Kudos

For Extendio - what did you have to do to get the Netgear...

brenbark
Grasshopper

For Extendio - what did you have to do to get the Netgear Extender (i just got the same one) to 'talk' to the Shaw Blue Curve Router?  Moreover, the Netgear unit shows up in my list of networks available but will not connect. "you can easily add the EX2700 to your home network and extended your WiFi.  Set up took me 2 minutes." Thanks. - gerrbark

0 Kudos

Received my Blue yesterday, simply paired it with my exis...

Tim-O
Grasshopper

Received my Blue yesterday, simply paired it with my existing D-Link extender, no problem. I now have "network" or "network-ext5g" throughout the entire house

Save your money, the Shaw BlueCurve pods do not do anythi...

DaringTeagan2
Grasshopper

Save your money, the Shaw BlueCurve pods do not do anything.  They are horrible for extending any connections.

I have to differ: I found the wifi pods worked quite well...

rickatk
Master

@DaringTeagan2 wrote:

Save your money, the Shaw BlueCurve pods do not do anything.  They are horrible for extending any connections.

@DaringTeagan2  I have to differ: I found the wifi pods worked quite well and in every case provided stronger connection (as evidenced by number of bars) with the network than not. Once I upgraded to Fibre +Gig, I really only needed one pod in my media room to get a better connection to the network for my smart TV and wireless Blue Curve TV players. I have since upgraded to a single fibre+ pod to improve network connection in the media room with good signal strength.

I think your argument might hold, once the XB7 router sporting wifi 6 comes along, hopefully eliminating the need for pods.

0 Kudos

mac addresses cant change they are device specific. IP ad...

tystik68
Grasshopper

mac addresses cant change they are device specific. IP addresses can.

0 Kudos

-- MAC-address can't change I disagree. It depends on the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tystik68 -- MAC-address can't change

I disagree.

It depends on the device. By default, the latest software for the iPhone changes the MAC-address each time you connect to an access-point. This is a feature to minimize the "tracking" of a "fixed" MAC-address from place to place.

Some third-party routers can "clone" the MAC-address of the first computer to connect to it.

0 Kudos

Hey. Glad I spotted you in this thread. I brought home an...

vancoaster
Grasshopper

Hey. Glad I spotted you in this thread. I brought home an extender but BlueCurve couldn’t find it. Did you use a manual style set up ? Steve 

0 Kudos

I read reviews on TP AC1750 on Amazon and several users m...

Jenski
Grasshopper

I read reviews on TP AC1750 on Amazon and several users mentioned that WIFI signal drops drammatically after it hit the Shaw Router (bluecurve?). Some said their devices drop from wifi several times per hour for 3-5minutes. One used it for 4 months then it stopped working. He asked for his money back as his warranty is for two years, but they won't pay him, saying that the reason for it not working now is not a manufacturing defect. What is your experience after two years? 

0 Kudos

I have an Asus AX88U which is an awesome router but now t...

Djaxx
Grasshopper

I have an Asus AX88U which is an awesome router but now that I have a XB6, I'd like to use the Asus as a MESH node. Has anyone been able to set up an Asus router as a MESH node?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help