Who has access to censor my emails?

bychance
Grasshopper

I am very interested in knowing as I was not notified of my emails requiring any monitoring. Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

not too sure what you are asking here. Are these incoming...

shaw-tony

@bychance not too sure what you are asking here. Are these incoming our outgoing emails you notice this issue with?

0 Kudos

Out-going email,. my message was not sent but instead "pl...

bychance
Grasshopper

Out-going email,. my message was not sent but instead "placed in drafts" and "Send error" message received.  

0 Kudos

is that happening with all emails you are sending or just...

shaw-tony

@bychance is that happening with all emails you are sending or just specific ones? If you send just an email with text, are there any error messages? Also, is this being sent through webmail or is it a 3rd party email client?

0 Kudos

> my message was not sent, but instead "placed in drafts"...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> my message was not sent, but instead "placed in drafts" and "Send error" message received.  

Check that the E-mail ID in the "FROM:" field has the correct syntax, e.g., "username" (at) "domain-name".

Check that the person has not deleted their ID (and switched to a different Service Provider).

Check that you are using the correct spelling in the "username" part of the E-mail ID.

This is not "censorship" -- it is "sanity-checking", to confirm that the target ID is valid.

0 Kudos

FROM: Windows "We weren't able to send this message, so w...

bychance
Grasshopper

"We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."

Above is what I received.

Yes I have verified correct spelling and my email did not go far at all,. from just the outbox to drafts.

It was actually a very short reply, simple text, no attachments, nothing out of the ordinary just 34 words. 

0 Kudos

Sorry, I missed your response Tony This is the only email...

bychance
Grasshopper

Sorry, I missed your response Tony

This is the only email I received a message about. Please see a copy of the Send Error I received.

Directly thru webmail.

0 Kudos

> It was actually a very short reply The E-mail sent to y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> It was actually a very short reply

The E-mail sent to you will have an E-mail ID in the "From:" field.

It might also have a different E-mail ID in the optionally-present "Reply-To:" field.

So, when you use "reply", your message might be going to a different -- and undeliverable -- ID.

Check the E-mail headers of the message that was sent to you, to look for that "Reply-To:" field.

0 Kudos

unfortunately, I do not have access to that. Just to conf...

shaw-tony

@bychance unfortunately, I do not have access to that. Just to confirm, emailing other addresses work?

0 Kudos

Yes other addresses work fine. Thanks for your time.

bychance
Grasshopper

Yes other addresses work fine. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help