why does it take 7 days to get technician on site

kbcvs
Grasshopper

we have had no internet at our house in Penhold for 4 days. the appointment given at that time Nov 28.  Looks like the system is scheduled for down time 6 hours that day.  Why is it a week to get service tech out? Is this standard, not when i read others that are out for maybe a day.  My cell phone bill is going to be horrendous as i link to the computer to research internet difficulties.  no phone, no cable, no internet this is not acceptable customer service.

2 Replies

Re: why does it take 7 days to get technician on site

Not applicable

It's very likely that Shaw doesn't have many technicians around there or they are booked up. Usually for a full outage they will collect your availability and try to have someone out sooner than the booked appointment, but that also depends on how busy the techs are and if they are able to make it out there.

People that have to wait a day are probably in larger cities where Shaw will have more bodies.

0 Kudos

Re: why does it take 7 days to get technician on site

shaw-tony

Hey kbcvs,

Thank you for reaching out! I am very sorry for the long waits for a service technician. It certainly depends on technician availability. I understand this is an urgent matter and the forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. For a more immediate response, I will recommend reaching out to our technical support team members to see if they can locate an earlier appointment. I appreciate your patience.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help