Why does shaw keep deactivating my shaw email?

Mflood
Grasshopper

For the second time this week, Shaw has deactivated my Shaw email account. Initially, I just couldn't log in and the account had stopped sending/receiving on my iPhone and other devices. Every time I entered the CORRECT password, it said incorrect password/email account. Upon changing the password, I was met with a new error message: "HTTP ERROR 400 account is not active:[my email address]". The primary account holder had to contact Shaw support to get it fixed, and yet two days later the exact same issue has occurred!!

Does anyone know why this may be? I have been getting emails saying my storage quota is almost filled ("over 90%") could this be why? Has anyone had this happen and did Shaw provide you the permanent fix? Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- on how many devices are you trying to access your Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mflood -- on how many devices are you trying to access your Shaw E-mail? Does one device have the wrong password, which it is REPEATEDLY trying, until your ID gets "locked".

Within Shaw WebMail, move your mouse-pointer over the label "Trash", and let it hover there until a "balloon" pops-up, with text like: "Messages: 666" and "Size: 666 MB". Open that "Trash" folder, and delete everything to free-up that 666 MB of your quota.

0 Kudos

I wonder if you had a permanent solution?  I'm just about...

LeadingEd
Grasshopper

I wonder if you had a permanent solution?  I'm just about done with Shaw. My shaw email has been linked to my Outlook client for years and no problems until 2 years ago and has been 'deactivated' about 6 times. All I hear is excuses. The email password is too short/simple due to more enhanced security or whatever. I have changed it a number of times but works for a while then stops for no reason. Need to call in to talk to a person to reactivate the email. They have no idea why this would happen. Very frustrating. The hours I have spent on this issue is beyond ridiculous.

0 Kudos

-- earlier in this thread is a comment: 2023-06-30 03:44...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LeadingEd -- earlier in this thread is a comment:

2023-06-30 03:44 PM
On how many devices [desktop, notebook, smart-phone] are you trying to access your Shaw E-mail?

Does one device have the wrong password, which it is REPEATEDLY trying, until your ID gets "locked" ?

P.S. A "strong" password:

• will have at least one upper-case letter
  • will have at least one digit
  • will have a special character (cross-hatch or question-mark or ...)
  • will have at least 10 characters
  • will not be a word (English? Dutch? Swedish?)

Example: "Ed!is#0n1ine". Note the "zero" instead of "capital-oh" and "one" instead of "ell".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help