You are sharing valuable feedback. Please submit this fee...

shaw-daniel

@Client000 You are sharing valuable feedback. Please submit this feedback via “Your Voice” at https://bit.ly/3EG0W4i We can share it with the appropriate stakeholders, and your feedback about Shaw will be tracked and reported on.

0 Kudos

I agree.. I am in IT as well, and this "new / more secure...

The_Martian
Grasshopper

I agree.. I am in IT as well, and this "new / more secure way" isn't, and sucks S**t. I am so pissed off it is giving me a headache.  With Co-Vid, and having to share passwords.  Using two stage authentication should be sufficient to make sure the user is the user, Give us back the ability to enter a mac address... And to the people to decided to remove it... Well there are plenty of people who are upset with you.

I does not work for me neither. I followed the Shaw instr...

Johns11
Grasshopper

I does not work for me neither.

I followed the Shaw instructions, after entered the Shaw ID, and password, it did not connect. Tried 30+ times, so frustrated. Previously, I simply entered the device MAC address, and it is done. Why make the changes that do not work. BtW, I am using iPad with newest ios.

Passpoint has been flakey since iOS 15, try connecting at...

rstra
Grand Master

@Johns11 

Passpoint has been flakey since iOS 15, try connecting at a hotspot to see if that works.

0 Kudos

I too wish for the old manual MAC-address registration to...

kahless_rcs
Grasshopper

I too wish for the old manual MAC-address registration to be brought back, it's a pain to walk-through each of my family members through the the steps one-by-one, after telling them to go out and find a Shaw Go WiFi Hotspot.

And then they come back and say it doesn't work...

Whereas, I used to be able to just manually register the MAC addresses on the Shaw Account page and be done with it.

Never mind trying to add my Smart Watches to Shaw Go Wifi...

In what way would this have been more secure? Did you ser...

bakahou
Grasshopper

In what way would this have been more secure? Did you seriously believe giving others your e-mail and password would be safer? Having your login info on someone else's device is probably the least secure option you could have taken.

I too wish for the old manual MAC-address registration to...

Yonas
Grasshopper

I too wish for the old manual MAC-address registration to be brought back, it's a pain to walk-through each of my family members through the the steps one-by-one, after telling them to go out and find a Shaw Go WiFi Hotspot.

I want to add a couple smart home devices that have no UI

Same, old Mac registration allowed me to register my smar...

ArcticApe
Grasshopper

Same, old Mac registration allowed me to register my smart watch. This will not be possible in the future.

You're not serious... Who in the actual **bleep** thinks this...

mrf8
Grasshopper

You're not serious... Who in the actual **bleep** thinks this is more secure and better?? 

I'm embarrassed for you...

mrf8
Grasshopper

I'm embarrassed for you... 

TALK TO US
We're here to help