I have the same issue. My laptop doesn't open the login p...

Hamidet
Grasshopper

I have the same issue. My laptop doesn't open the login page anymore and now that this option is removed, I cannot add my laptop manually. I also cant add my Tesla to the saw devices I have. This sucks. 

You should be able to add your Tesla to your home interne...

rstra
Grand Master

@Hamidet You should be able to add your Tesla to your home internet. Press LTE, select your network and login.

Im going to agree with other users here and say that remo...

NormMik
Grasshopper

Im going to agree with other users here and say that removing the "Add MAC address" option on the account webpage was a bad idea. It was very simple to use and control. 

I am also unable to add my new phone using the registration at a shaw hotspot.

Whenever i try to add it gives me a message saying "bad username or password". Which is definitely wrong because i am using that username and pw to post this comment!

--  i am using that username & password to post this comm...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@NormMik --  i am using that username & password to post this comment!

Do you have different passwords for the My Shaw Portal and your Shaw E-mail ID? If so, try the other password.

0 Kudos

I don't have any Shaw email accounts at all. Just the mys...

NormMik
Grasshopper

@mdk I don't have any Shaw email accounts at all. Just the myshaw account for my internet connection.

If you have an iPhone, you can register on this page.  ht...

rstra
Grand Master

@NormMik If you have an iPhone, you can register on this page. 

https://www.shaw.ca/internet/wifi/get-started

If you still can’t connect, are you able to connect to the free Shaw Go wifi?

0 Kudos

I have an android. (samsung note 9. Age of phone shouldn'...

NormMik
Grasshopper

@rstra I have an android. (samsung note 9. Age of phone shouldn't be an issue)

I can connect to the free shawgo (manually).. i just can't add my new phone to my accounts list of devices using the new registration page..

The last time (on my old phone) I could simply add my phones MAC address to the list.. i miss that 😉

I was just wondering if you used the same Shaw userid for...

rstra
Grand Master

@NormMik I was just wondering if you used the same Shaw userid for the free wifi maybe the system got confused. 

Anyway, go to My Shaw and create a burner email account and try using that to login. 

Yea, I miss the MAC address option too. Seems like Shaw has been removing more features lately than they have been adding.

From the moment I switched from my old router to Shaw's H...

SLJ
Grasshopper

From the moment I switched from my old router to Shaw's Hytrin Modem I have not been able to send PES designs from my MacBook to the Embroidery machine. The embroidery machine uses a Flashair W-03 wireless card and it is set up in station mode. It sounds similar to how cameras are able to send images to to laptops. The Flashair card has a Mac number (address). The Shaw rep this morning told me to add it to managed devices and that just gave an error message. Am sure there is nothing wrong with the card as even purchased the brother's window version for embroidery machines, ( Flashair) and it would not work either. Shaw even tried to suggest I get a hold of the machine manufacturer. There is nothing wrong with my machine. It worked flawlessly until I switched to their modem. 

Are there any options I could try? If I purchased a new router would that allow me to connect?  Would switching to Telus internet help? 

This new registration procedure is not easier since you h...

Client000
Grasshopper

This new registration procedure is not easier since you have to find a hotspot location and go to that location; especially now with COVID-19.  Registering the MAC, which is a unique form of identification, from your account online is simple and should secure since you have to log in with an account and password within Shaw's online environment.  Especially, if you have several devices; this registration process is very time consuming. I think the customer's priority and needs took a back seat on this one.

TALK TO US
We're here to help