Why will shaw wont help me

KristinaD
Grasshopper

So I switched to shaw in February  and my internet was perfect for about a month ever since i have had issues with speed im paying for 300 blue curve but my speed is 15mbs down and up. I have had technicians out and have contacted support multiple times to be told they need to send a tech out to dig. First tech told me three days id have someone out a week passes i contact support they say they will contact me by end of week with eta no call I contacted support today to be told its been escalated however no eta on when a tech will be out is available. So i have been lied to once and blown off once and then told sorry we cant help you. My question is will this take a few weeks or  months to fixed. Do i need to switch providers or contact the ccts? I work from home and this is frustrating. Also i have not been credited on any of my bills even though i have asked all ive been told is i need to contact support. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- I have had technicians out and have contacted support...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KristinaD -- I have had technicians out and have contacted support multiple times to be told they need to send a tech out to dig.

Presumably, Shaw Support has remotely logged-in to your cable-modem, to check the modem's internal statistics, and have not found anything non-normal -- e.g., no "weak signal-strength" issues.  So, if the problem is between your cable-modem and the nearest telephone-pole, and the connecting cable is underground, they may need to physically "dig".  If that cable is above-ground, maybe they meant "dig" as to "dive deeper into infrastructure trouble-shooting.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online-chat is preferable to telephone), and inquire when a Shaw technician will do a site-visit to the outside of your home, to check the Shaw infrastructure.

If you signed a two-year contract, you may face stiff contract-termination fees if you cancel, with the intent to switch to TELUS. Ouch!

Hint: try contacting Shaw, late in your evening, when the local store-front is closed. Your contact will be picked-up by a "24/7" Shaw Call Centre in Ontario, or even New Brunswick. You'll get to converse with a different employee, who may be more helpful.

0 Kudos

We have been contacting Shaw since June, through the onli...

KristinaD
Grasshopper

We have been contacting Shaw since June, through the online chat. They have sent out 3 techs so far. The first one changed something out in our box outside, which fixed the issue for a couple of days. I think he also put tape on the box because it wasn't locked and the door was open. A few days later we checked and the door was open again. Heavy rain and our speeds dropped again. The next tech said that "maintenance" will need to come out, he opened a ticket, he also put a lock on the door this time. After a week of hearing nothing I spoke with support on the phone in the evening. Before with the chat I was being told only I was being effected. He checked and informed me that the problem wasn't just me but other units in the area having the same issues. He sent out another tech who said the same thing, nothing he could do, they need to send out maintenance. He saw a ticket in but created or escalated the ticket, said 3 days someone should be out. Another week no word, went on the chat again to find out a status, they told me they see the ticket but no ETA. They got me to do a speed test, saying there was no notes of a speed test being done, which is bad because every single person I dealt with had me do a speedtest. I asked them if they could find out when someone would be able to fix it. They said they would inquire and call me back within the week. They never called me back. 

I do speedtests at random and they are all over the place, sometimes we get 80 down, most of the times it's 15, sometimes 8. With Covid I have to work from home, and with these speeds I can barely do my work. We use our internet for almost everything, which is why we went with the 300 plan. We pay for the 300 plan but aren't getting what we are paying for, there is no compensation for it either. Would you pay for a service and only get %20 of it?

In summary we've done everything you suggested. Just super frustrating that for 2 months we've had this problem with no resolution in sight.

0 Kudos

-- as you are reading this, scroll-down to the bottom, an...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KristinaD -- as you are reading this, scroll-down to the bottom, and click the Your Voice hyperlink, to make official contact with Shaw about your bad experiences.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help