Why?

Mikeyuio
Grasshopper

Why am I paying a month in advance for services that are shotty at best? Currently using my mobile data,  because, once again, shaw internet is down. Which I pay a month ahead because that is what you clowns charge. **bleep**ing sick of it. CANT EVEN POST BECAUSE LABEL ISNT AVAIABLE HERE

Labels (1)
6 Replies

I think you’ve answered my question indirectly. I just ca...

Clipper99
Grasshopper

I think you’ve answered my question indirectly. I just came here to see why I’ve dropped connection a couple times since midnight and see I’m not the only one. System maintenance would be my guess.

0 Kudos

you have 10 days buyer remorse, how long you have it for?...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

you have 10 days buyer remorse, how long you have it for?  telus never goes down.  

0 Kudos

you need to do some more troubleshooting. Contact Shaw su...

rickatk
Master

@Mikeyuio wrote:

Why am I paying a month in advance for services that are shotty at best? Currently using my mobile data,  because, once again, shaw internet is down. Which I pay a month ahead because that is what you clowns charge. **bleep**ing sick of it. CANT EVEN POST BECAUSE LABEL ISNT AVAIABLE HERE

@Mikeyuio you need to do some more troubleshooting. Contact Shaw support arrange a site visit.

0 Kudos

Meh…that is a broad statement. I was with Telus years ago...

rickatk
Master

@cpmrich36 Meh…that is a broad statement.

I was with Telus years ago. They have their problems to. ADSL was very unreliable for me - end of the line connect. Not very stable. I have friends who have complained about Telus fibre having slowww internet.

All these systems have their problems. Most can be addressed with a little troubleshooting to ensure system integrity. 

I certainly have massaged my setup over years to ensure high quality connections, good wifi etc. 

I have a Fibre Gig 1.5 system with four wireless tv boxes and gateway. Works like a charm. Always!

0 Kudos

-- Why am I paying a month in advance for services  For t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mikeyuio -- Why am I paying a month in advance for services 

For the same reason that monthly rent and automobile insurance and house insurance and drive-through food are some items that are paid in advance.  It would be nice to not pay for automobile insurance, until AFTER a motor-vehicle accident, or to pay for house insurance AFTER a forest-fire has burned-down the house. Restaurants are different -- "dine-and-dash" is simply wrong.

Ethically, living in a society requires some "give" by anyone wishing to participate in the society. This includes the responsibility of getting vaccinated, to protect other members of the society.

0 Kudos

-- System maintenance would be my guess Good guess. See S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Clipper99 -- System maintenance would be my guess

Good guess.

See Shaw's OUTAGES web-site, for your region.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help