WI-Fi Calling users: Anyone having issues with 2.4 Ghz Access Point with XB6 modem/router

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

I'm just posting this not expecting anything other than deflection, denial, or gaslighting. I've taken a screenshot and cached my post so it can remain after Rogers takes over our internet. 

I've done some testing and I can hear people fine on my iPhone, but they all say (when I asked them) that I'm cutting out. I tried different iPhones and different iOS versions and the outcome was the same. This started over the last few months. My XB6 uses the Technicolor (not Arris) chipset. The Arris version of XB6 and XB7 have documented issues with Wi-Fi calling.

The only thing that works (after extensive troubleshooting) is switching the iPhone's AP to my XB6's 5 Ghz SSID, but then my battery drains faster.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- using WiFi calling What is the speed of your Shaw Inte...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Upfront6891 -- using WiFi calling

What is the speed of your Shaw Internet?  If it is one of the "slower" settings, that might not be fast-enough to carry all of your traffic.  Can you connect your device to any "ShawOpen" WiFi access-point, and see if you get better results?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help