Wifi extender gives me the message there is no internet

cherylc
Grasshopper

I've had the Hitron router and dlink wifi extender set up for years without issues.  A couple weeks ago, the extender stopped connecting to the internet.  I did some troubleshooting and could not figure out what changed and assumed the extender died.  I purchased a new Netgear extender and it's giving me the same message about 'no internet'.

The issue must be the Hitron router, but I've gone through the settings and everything looks okay.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Hi  , not sure if this is related, but this morning my Hi...

g-idk
Master

Hi @cherylc , not sure if this is related, but this morning my Hitron Modem was showing all proper lights to indicate it was connected, but when I turned on my laptop it kept showing no internet not connected.  I rebooted 2 more times and still same issue, so I pulled the power on the Hitron for a reboot, waited about 15 seconds and plug the power back in, then after all the correct lights came on again I turned on my laptop again and low and behold the internet was now on. Can you maybe give that a try. 

Thank you for your suggestion.  I've rebooted the router...

cherylc
Grasshopper

Thank you for your suggestion.  I've rebooted the router 3 times and that didn't help.

0 Kudos

ok,  , wish I could be more help, here's hoping you get i...

g-idk
Master

ok, @cherylc , wish I could be more help, here's hoping you get it figured out.  

0 Kudos

-- I've rebooted the router 3 times   indicated that the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cherylc -- I've rebooted the router 3 times 

@g-idk indicated that the power to the Hitron was disconnected. Is that what you did?

Do you have other WiFi-capable devices that can connect to the Hitron's WiFi, when your extender is powered-off ? Do they connect?

Is there any "first-time-setup" to get the NetGear to "talk" to the WiFi on the Hitron? It would have to be told which WiFi network that it is to connect to, namely yours, not an immediate neighbour's WiFi cloud.

I've unplugged the power to the Hitron router and I've al...

cherylc
Grasshopper

I've unplugged the power to the Hitron router and I've also signed onto the router and clicked on the 'reboot' button.  All my other wifi devices will connect to the Hitron.  The wifi extender is the only one giving me problems.

I can go through the setup for the extender and it finds my wifi network and I enter the password.  The next step is where it fails with a message about no internet.

When I sign onto the router to look at the connected devices I can see everything but the extender.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help