I did check for outages and there wasn't any listed in my...

karenmj
Grasshopper

I did check for outages and there wasn't any listed in my area.  I don't have a cloth under it or even near it.  It is on a shelf of my entertainment unit.  Yes I was very upset.  It already does a scheduled reboot every day, so why does it do it more than that, isn't that enough?  I miss the days when tv was simple...

0 Kudos

it is likely a signal issue or faulty box, the scheduled...

rstra
Grand Master

@karenmj it is likely a signal issue or faulty box, the scheduled outages are not very often. Contact Shaw to get them to troubleshoot, but you will likely need a service call. 

0 Kudos

-- I miss the days when tv was simple It still can be, if...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@karenmj -- I miss the days when tv was simple

It still can be, if you use what is called "Peasant TV". If you live in a large city, the TV stations in your city broadcast HD signals "over the airwaves" for free.  All you need is an antenna, preferably outdoors, and a coaxial cable between the antenna and the coaxial-input to your modern ("digital tuner") TV -- a setup just like TV used to be, in the 1960s, with large antennas on top of each residence and an "analogue tuner" in the tube-style TV.

0 Kudos

it has been up and down for days always have to reconnect...

Richbigguy
Grasshopper

it has been up and down for days always have to reconnect and trouble shoot network not very happy right now

0 Kudos

I have the same problem have you been able to fix the iss...

Dillonjr
Grasshopper

I have the same problem have you been able to fix the issue ? 

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dillonjr -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. The forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ). 

Either contact Shaw Support, or give us more details about your "same problem":

• your physical location
  • which cable-modem you have (Cisco? Hitron? XB6? XB7?)
  • hours of each day when you do not have any Internet access
  • which day(s) when you do not have any Internet access
  • whether you have more than one computer/device, and whether all of them lose Internet at the same time
  • whether you are using Ethernet cables and/or WiFi to connect to your cable-modem
  • whether you lose Internet on your Ethernet-connected devices, or only on your WiFi devices
  • whether the Shaw Outages web-page lists anything in your region that matches your observations

Thank you.

0 Kudos

For the last five nights, the WIFI stops working, tv will...

Lor5
Grasshopper

For the last five nights, the WIFI stops working, tv will not come on, phones not working. We are not huge TV watchers, but because everything you do is online it has become a problem. I called last Sunday to have a technician come to the house, and our appointment is almost a week later. So at suppertime everything is down and internet doesn't come back on until early morning.

0 Kudos

-- does the pattern of lamps on the Shaw router change wh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lor5 -- does the pattern of lamps on the Shaw router change when everything goes "down" ?

Do you have the Shaw router connected to a power-bar with surge protection, or to a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) ?

Experiment: you use a long extension-cord to bring electrical power from a different room (and a different circuit) to the Shaw router.

Have you defined any "Parental Controls" -- "no Internet for your children after dinner and before school" ?

Have you done a "factory reset" on the Shaw router?

On your WiFi device, does it show "connected, but no Internet" during the outage?

0 Kudos

Hi - I realize this is a few years old but did you ever r...

jlanteigne
Grasshopper

Hi - I realize this is a few years old but did you ever resolve this problem. I'm having the exact same issue and still waiting for a technician.

Thx

0 Kudos

-- still waiting for a technician. That is your best opti...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jlanteigne -- still waiting for a technician.

That is your best option, rather than communicating with the volunteers on this discussion forum, who donate their time & skills to try to help.

Physically, where are you? Are you experiencing large swings in outdoor temperature between day-time and night-time? It could be heat-influenced expansion/contraction that causes an intermittent issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help