I just noticed my XB6 modem's light is red, but there is...

green_mango
Grasshopper

I just noticed my XB6 modem's light is red, but there is no degraded service on my router. I am running a ubiquiti system and running my XB6 modem in bridge mode.

0 Kudos

I decided to record a video of what was happening to show...

TTulumello
Grasshopper

I decided to record a video of what was happening to show to the techs. 

Very annoying indeed. When using the blue curve 4k tv box the sound cuts out every 5 or so seconds and the image will glitch and when im using the 4k tv box to watch tv it interferes with my modem and the wifi signal will drop constantly. 

When I'm not using the tv box everything seems okay, like I can watch endless hours of Netflix or YouTube on my smart tv and everything will be fine. Only sometimes the signal will drop on the modem but as soon as i start using the blue curve 4k shaw box everything goes downhill. Very hard to explain to a service tech or phone tech without the video.

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@TTulumello -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteer contributors try to help.

From your description, your issues can only be addressed when you contact Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222) 

Note that a Shaw Agent, over the telephone, can remotely connect to your cable-modem, to check the "signal strength" reaching the modem.  Bad signal-strength can cause issues.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help