Highlighted

XB6 Red Light of death...

loxvolsungxki
Grasshopper

So ive been loving shaw since 2012 but ever since ive upgraded to this XB6 Drcember 1st 2018 internet with shaw has been a constant headache. Have had the XB6 replaced twice.

Once or twice a week I have to take a pin, reset, and go through the whole process of setting it up again. Techs constantly say "it's working on our end" and get me to rinse and repeat this process. Is this seriously what the next two years of a contract with shaw is going to be? I'm so tired of waiting on a phone or chat for a tech to have me re-live this issue every week. Can anyone in the community provide solid suggestions? 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: XB6 Red Light of death...

Hey loxvolsungxki,

Thank you for reaching out! I am very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you've been experiencing. I haven't heard of any reports of this specific issue. If the signal to your modem is solid, the LED should stay solid white. Do you have any 3rd party equipment connected to the modem such as a switch or a router? Does the issue happen during specific times or is it random every week?

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

loxvolsungxki
Grasshopper

No 3rd party EQ at all.

Random every single week.

Still happening constantly.

Shaw refuses to suport their product

Trapped in a two year contract with no service provided

0 Kudos
Highlighted

loxvolsungxki
Grasshopper

Used my devkit to find out the issue is the ipv4 and ipv6 both keep trying to conect at the same time. Does anybody know how to turn off the ipv6 i called arris and they don't support the xb6 they told me SHAW has to turn off the IPV6 for me

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?