180 Day suspension should be 182 Day suspension or a no charge date change

Grant69
Grasshopper

There are 365 days in a year except for leap years. If you are a seasonal TV satellite subscriber you are on the 180 day activation period followed by the 180 day de-activation period and will subsequently discover that your start begins earlier each Spring as does your suspension date in the Fall.   180 plus 180 = 360  you lose 5 days each year.  So hypothetically if you did this for 10 years your Spring start date would be 40 days earlier than when you signed up.  If you ask to change your  Spring start date to a  later start date Shaw charges 30 dollars.  This is not  a fair business practice.  Shaw should either change the number of days to 182 which is at least close to 365 days or not penalize the customer when the start date is unreasonable to the customer. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Here it says you can suspend for a minimum of 14 days to...

rstra
Grand Master

Here it says you can suspend for a minimum of 14 days to a maximum of 330 days, but there is a $30 reconnection fee for over 6 months. I didn’t read the entire page, or the conditions,

https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/support/article/8357/

0 Kudos

I spoke to an RV tech I know, he says he has a dish grave...

rickatk
Master

I spoke to an RV tech I know, he says he has a dish graveyard in the back of his shop. Many of his customers are opting to go with over the air IPTV options like Chromecasting. I for one has found that to be a superior solution to Satellite these days. I haven’t used my dish in over two years. Some of that is COVID related. But when we managed to get on the road, the dish has stayed parked.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help