3rd Bluesky terminal

MiraAndrew
Grasshopper

I had requested a 3rd Bluesky terminal and was told it would be free of charge but I am being charged for it as of my latest bill.  Customer service says they can not take the charge off because the previous person I spoke to didn't make any notes about it on my file.  What gives shaw? Willing to lose a customer over a 5$ charge?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

I do apologize if there was a miscommunication with the a...

shaw-valerie

@MiraAndrew I do apologize if there was a miscommunication with the agent you had placed your order with. Our 2-year value plan agreements would typically include rental costs for equipment for 2 TVs, with additional equipment being subject to rental costs. If you wish to review specific details of your billing or account, please get in touch with us here and one of our customer service agents can review that with you. 

0 Kudos

Ridiculous Charge

ceporter
Grasshopper

I contact Shaw a few months ago about obtaining an additional portal for my BlueSky system (currently have BlueSky boxreceiver and one portal).  I was willing to pay the additional $5/mo rental charge.  I asked if I could add this to my billing and pickup and self install.  I was told that it would be $100 installation fee because a tech had to come out and "program the box" because it has to be configured to a specific outlet.  This is ridiculous!  There is not programming for a portal!  I argued and argued this with customer service and they stood their ground.  I have moved the one portal I have from one outlet to another several times with no issues.   When I got the portal I have I (which was after the fact of the main installation), I specifically remember that after the tech installed a new outlet for me, all he did was plug in the portal and after it booted up it was fine.   Really disappoint with Shaw for wanting to try and "grab" additional money when it isn't necessary.

0 Kudos

There is an installation fee associated with having a tec...

shaw-valerie

@ceporter There is an installation fee associated with having a technician install equipment in your home, and while we do like to give the option for you to connect the equipment yourself when possible, with some types of equipment configuration professional installation is needed to ensure all wiring is done correctly for proper operation. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help