4K Picture Issues with Xi6

jordan_s
Grasshopper

I have had two Xi6 boxes since last September. Everything worked fine until about two weeks ago.  My main box is connected to my Onkyo receiver which passes 4k.  This set up worked till the box received an update two weeks ago.  Since then, the box keeps reverting to 1080P from 4K/60.  I can manually set it back but once I power down the system it goes back to 1080P  This is very frustrating as I have not disconnected or changed anything in my system.  In the video settings menu it says 4k UHD undetected which it did not say before.  My other tv is also 4k but the box is wired direct to the tv and there are no issues with it.  I am using the hdmi that was supplied by Shaw so it passes HDMI 2.0.  The receiver has not been updated or changed in any way.  I cannot figure out why this is happening.  I am wondering if anyone has some insight?  I feel that this might be an issue with a Shaw firmware update?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

-- main box is connected to my Onkyo receiver which passe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jordan_s -- main box is connected to my Onkyo receiver which passes 4k.

Simple question: have you powered-off/powered-on the Onkyo, to reset it, and then powered-off/powered-on your PVR (Gateway? BlueCurve?) ?

0 Kudos

Everything has been powered off and reset several times y...

jordan_s
Grasshopper

Everything has been powered off and reset several times yet the issue is ongoing

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help