Ability to FFWD stops 8-10 minutes before end of PVR'd show??

CptClarkdale103
Grasshopper

When fast forwarding through shows, recording time stops at a specific time 8-10 minutes before the end of the show (while video appears to keep forwarding). When you stop fast forwarding, video goes back to where the time "froze" on the time counter i.e. 48:20, 53:40 etc. and begins playback from there. Playback is fine but if you FFWD at all, it goes back to the "bookmarked" time.

Doesn't happen on all channeIs. Using Bluecurve wireless TV boxes.

Called SHAW and they ran through the typical unplug the router and sent a rest to my account but issue still occurring???

Labels (1)
14 Replies

I am experiencing the exact same issue. The software bugs...

donburkett
Grasshopper

I am experiencing the exact same issue. The software bugs in Bluecurve and continuous issues with recorded programs including inability to forward or rewind at random times is madening!

Same issue with tech support, please reboot your modem and router....I have had to do this multiple times yet the problem continues! SHAW....PLEASE get a stable software release distributed!

It’s so annoying. Ours does it as well. You call the supp...

gsyeske
Grasshopper

It’s so annoying. Ours does it as well. You call the support line and all they say is unplug it reset it. They have no idea!,,, this is the worst system I have ever had from Shaw. 

I’m so glad to hear other people are having this issue. I...

LeahM
Grasshopper

I’m so glad to hear other people are having this issue. I’m finding it’s particularly prominent on ABC & NBC (East coast fees). I just checked Comcast, and saw people having the same issue. Rep said the same thing, reboot the system, so no help there, either.

I am experiencing the exact same thing and agree it seems...

Seahwks24
Grasshopper

I am experiencing the exact same thing and agree it seems to mainly occur with the ABC & NBC East Coast feeds. Have rebooted router & devices several times and ran the "refresh" option on all boxes (4) no change. Calling Customer Support is futile as they just read off the script and say this in not a known issue, they are coached to always pass the buck and not place any blame on Shaw, its always the consumers fault. Not sure why I am paying for Time Shift when this bug exists, may need to cancel this in the New Year and look into Telus fibre which was just installed in my Neighbourhood. 

We're seeing the exact same problem. Tech support said 'Y...

kent_yvr
Grasshopper

We're seeing the exact same problem. Tech support said 'Your recordings all look fine, unplug, reset etc.' I've done that multiple times since then, and still getting this problem randomly. 

The recording will complete with normal speed, but if you get 5 minutes into that remaining 10 minutes, and hit fast forward, it will bump you back top the 10 minutes remaining. Argghhhh

I hope someone is looking into it. We only got the Blue Curve system about 2 months ago.

Are your recordings complete before you begin playing or...

rstra
Grand Master

@kent_yvr Are your recordings complete before you begin playing or are they in progress when you start playing?

Completed recordings

kent_yvr
Grasshopper

Completed recordings

0 Kudos

Strange. Do you get a message on the screen that say some...

rstra
Grand Master

Strange. Do you get a message on the screen that say something like “skip is not supported” when you try to fast forward or skip?

It’s kind of like the recording failed, so BlueCurve jumped over to on demand.

0 Kudos

It appears you are forwarding to the point that you want...

kent_yvr
Grasshopper

It appears you are forwarding to the point that you want to resume, but then when you hit play, it goes back to that earlier position (ie. 90% point of the recording) No on screen message about anything, errors etc.

TALK TO US
We're here to help