About getting service work done in home.

McNish
Grasshopper

I booked a date and time for a repairman to come to my home to fix an issue. The date I did this was on Dec 26,2022. The time I chose was for 10 am- 12 noon on the 29th Dec. After I finished talking on phone with your rep, I got e-mail saying the time was now 12 noon to 2pm on the 29th. I waited all day on the 29th with no one showing up! I called Shaw and she didn't give me reason why no one came. The only time she could book someone to come out again was not till Jan 4 between 8 - 10 am! I am totally disgusted with how this matter is being handled by Shaw. When someone says they are going to show up at your place on a certain day and time, then that's what is expected of them unless a real legit reason is given! Very unhappy, long time Shaw customer!

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Gone are the days when Shaw would be able to get someone...

rstra
Grand Master

Gone are the days when Shaw would be able to get someone else to pick up the call that day. Make sure you ask for a big credit.

0 Kudos

-- he time I chose was for 10 am- noon on the 29th Dec. I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@McNish -- he time I chose was for 10 am- noon on the 29th Dec. I got e-mail saying the time was now noon to 2pm.

I can imagine a few possibilities:

1. clerical error by the Shaw Agent, typing "12" instead of "10".
  2. some other Shaw customer in your city was talking to a different Shaw employee at the same time that you were talking, and that other employee assigned "your" time-window to that  other customer, and no other technician's schedule had availability at 10 AM. So, the Shaw Agent deliberately typed "12".
  3. the Shaw technician was sick on the day, and fulfilled none of the day's appointments, instead of showing-up at your location while sick, and possibly infecting you.
  4. the Shaw technician's vehicle had a breakdown, and could not drive it to your location.

Since it was an "immediate" scheduling-change, it is NOT another possibility, namely:

1. the Shaw technician started an appointment at 8 AM on the 29th with a different Shaw customer, intending to be finished before 10 AM, to drive to your location by 10 AM.
  2. the Shaw technician could not finish the work by 10 AM.
  3. the Shaw technician could not leave the customer with a "half-finished" repair, and so went into "overtime" with that customer.

In this situation, the Shaw technician probably would telephone their "10 AM" customer, to politely indicate that they would not be arriving at the scheduled time.

There probably could be other reasons.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help