After Update, PVR List Always Displays Scheduler

rolandq
Grasshopper

The behaviour of the latest update has been changed to always display the Scheduler option when the PVR List is opened.

I find this to be a very annoying change.  It is very rare when I open the PVR List wanting to look to see what is going to be recorded.  And if I do, a simple left/right displays the Scheduler.

On the other hand, I have a very large number of recordings. Quite often I leave the PVR List at a recorded program I plan on watching later in the day, or on one I would like someone else to watch, so later all they need to do is open the PVR List.  This is no longer possible.

Some time I want to stop watching a recorded program to check out a score in a live event.  That used to be as easy as selecting Stop, going to Live TV, selecting the PVR List and then clicking OK as the recording I was watching is selected.  Now after returning to the PVR List I need to page, perhaps as many as 10 or more times, then if the show has more than one episode recorded, display the episodes and page trying to find the specific episode I was watching.  Very, very annoying and wasteful of my time.

I would like to request that Shaw reverse this change, or if they are at all interested in having happy customers, allow both behaviours based on a option that can chosen by the customer.

Aubrey

10 Replies

Re: After Update, PVR List Always Displays Scheduler

technut
Grasshopper

I was signing in to make this exact same complaint when I saw your post.

I have a nearly-full 4 TB external drive, so the program list is loooong.

dcmattingly
Grasshopper

I too find this update hard to look at and navigate, it looks like a downgrade to an older looking interface. With the lack of clear colour programing and textured icons it seams very simple and the black menu is hard to look at. I don't see any options for changing the menu like opacity and colour options. More customization would be an upgrade this feels more like a downgrade.

hjnicol
Grasshopper

All the earmarks of changes for the sake of change.

One change, at least I don't recall seeing it before, when you go into your list of recorded programs, or watching a recorded program there are at least two new functions in the list of functions when you press the "info" button, "hide channel" and "record series". 

So if you've recorded S1 Ep1 (the episode numbers are now missing from the guide) and decide it's worth recording the series you can do it right from that menu.

I gather the "hide channel" is the same as the old way of going into "setting" then "channel list" and hiding a channel.  Why you'd want to hide a channel from this menu, I have no idea why.

barnabeg
Grasshopper

Here here, please reverse this PVR list change, I too have tons of recordings and its a pain to have to scroll thru to the list...

shaw-tony

Hey rolandqtechnut hjnicol barnabeg,barnabeg

Thank you for reaching out! I appreciate your feedback regarding the changes and understand how change can be frustrating. If you are operating the Gateway like how it used to be such as tuning away from the PVR menu, then pressing the PVR button, or pressing the PVR button while watching a PVR recording, this will always bring you back to the beginning of the PVR list.

Moving forward, the expected feature is when you finish watching a PVR recording you will be taken back to the same location you were previously on. Alternatively, if the recording has ended or if you hit the live tv button to bring up live tv, you can also press the MENU button to return to the PVR menu where you left off. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

barnabeg
Grasshopper

Hi Tony: great thanx for that tip!  Works great!

cheers

gb

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

shaw-tony wrote:

Moving forward, the expected feature is when you finish watching a PVR recording you will be taken back to the same location you were previously on. Alternatively, if the recording has ended or if you hit the live tv button to bring up live tv, you can also press the MENU button to return to the PVR menu where you left off. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tony - sometimes that method works for me but other times it just goes back to the main PVR listings menu. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I will add my voice to this.  The new setup is horrible.  Ugly and difficult to read.  A huge downgrade.  Who the heck decides that these things are a good idea?

technut
Grasshopper

So pressing the Menu button takes you back to your previous location in the PVR list, and pressing the PVR button takes you to the top of the PVR list.

Frankly that's the opposite of what I'd intuitively expect. But good to know, thanks.

Edit: Menu also doesn't return to the list if you have looked at the guide. I think the old behaviour was best (PVR button returns to your previous list position).

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help