Amazon Prime Video Problems

kenohrn
Grasshopper

Hi:

Nice to see the Amazon Prime Video app now on BlueCurve.

The app does not connect consistently.  Most times, it fails on the first attempt and gives an error message.  Usually, it will connect on the 3rd or 4th attempt. 

It plays very well after that.

Is this a Shaw problem, an Amazon problem, or perhaps a third party?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

I have found connecting with Amazon Prime hit and miss as...

rickatk
Master

@kenohrn wrote:

Hi:

Nice to see the Amazon Prime Video app now on BlueCurve.

The app does not connect consistently.  Most times, it fails on the first attempt and gives an error message.  Usually, it will connect on the 3rd or 4th attempt. 

It plays very well after that.

Is this a Shaw problem, an Amazon problem, or perhaps a third party?

I have found connecting with Amazon Prime hit and miss as well. It is getting better. Nice to see the service on the BlueCurve platform though. I suggest keep reporting. That’s the only way Shaw will know how things are going.

0 Kudos

I’m having the same problem even when it’s going to the n...

Tjkeys
Grasshopper

I’m having the same problem even when it’s going to the next episode of a tv show it won’t connect and I’ll have to go back to the main screen 

0 Kudos

I have the same issue. I go to watch a show and I cannot...

JMay
Grasshopper

I have the same issue. I go to watch a show and I cannot watch a certain episode. I will have to start watching it on my phone, then exit the app on the tv, then try again. At this point it will work again. I have 3 different boxes and they all do this. I’m glad to see that Prime is on BlueCurve but annoyed at how terrible the connectivity is. 

0 Kudos

Same issue here. Getting tired of having to reload a show...

StonyRob
Grasshopper

Same issue here. Getting tired of having to reload a show 3-4 times to get it to work. I have no issues on my Amazon Fire Stick.....

0 Kudos

It is definitely nice having Prime Video added to Shaw so...

NOLIMIT
Grasshopper

It is definitely nice having Prime Video added to Shaw so now all the main streaming apps are on one system to watch...but I am definitely tired of the problems trying to watch anything on Prime from Shaw. Restarting Shaw box doesn’t work to solve the “something went wrong try back later” message I keep getting repeatedly.

Went back to watching Prime on AppleTV box and no issues so it is definitely a Shaw problem.

I hope Shaw reads these messages and fixes the problems.

I am having the same issue with Prime Video and yes I do...

Mingomya
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue with Prime Video and yes I do have Blue Curve and an Amazon Prime account. Connection issue all the time. On multiple TV's in the house. I have to try and try again until maybe, just maybe it finally connects. This is not acceptable!  We pay for a service that is not not good. I hope Shaw comes to a solution and if not, Get rid of it!   100 Mile House BC

0 Kudos

Have the same issue. Everytime we try to open a show from...

Fletch15
Grasshopper

Have the same issue. Everytime we try to open a show from either the blue curve search results or from with in the prime app, it just spins to an error. After it fails 2-3 times it will start the program. Very frustrating when you have limited time in the day to watch a show and you spend 10min cycling through this garbage.

Prime app directly on my smart tv or phone never has this issue.

0 Kudos

Same issue, still isn't fixed and shaw support can't seem...

sardog
Grasshopper

Same issue, still isn't fixed and shaw support can't seem to help. I am cancelling Prime and telling them that it is a SHAW problem.

TALK TO US
We're here to help