Well, I have cancelled my service, good luck to all!

Kritiker
Grasshopper

Well, I have cancelled my service, good luck to all!

0 Kudos

, ok thanks for letting us know and the well wishes.

g-idk
Master

@Kritiker , ok thanks for letting us know and the well wishes.  

0 Kudos

When I switched to Blucurve / Ignite TV, I kept a portal...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@tc10 When I switched to Blucurve / Ignite TV, I kept a portal and my gateway. I haven't tried for a while but I *was* able to access my recordings off the Gateway after it was deactivated. Just reconnect the power and make sure coax is connected to both the portal and Gateway. You won't get any TV or anything but you should still be able to watch your recordings.

Based on what I read (here I think) at some point, that o...

Kritiker
Grasshopper

Based on what I read (here I think) at some point, that one person lost the ability to access his/her recordings after canceling the service and before disconnecting from the cable, I disconnected my Gateway (and Portals) from the cable before canceling the service.

I cannot say whether it was necessary (and from your post, @JeffGWpg, I infer that it might not have been), but I am able to watch all my old recordings on all four portals.

What I haven’t done, and will likely miss when the fall season starts, is find an alternative for the network television. But that’s a discussion for elsewhere.

Thanks again to all, over all the incarnations of the Shaw Community, for the help I have received.

No, never ever received a letter / email or anything, oth...

debinatore
Grasshopper

No, never ever received a letter / email or anything, other than a message on my TV screens. Being forced into this so-called upgrade is very disappointing... They switched me over a few days ago and feel the "new" system is a downgrade in services and archaic. Can no longer PVR and watch on another TV. The remote went from 39 buttons to 60 buttons... now you need a magnifying glass to read a button, most don't do anything anyway. They tell me the "new" box is new... um nope, they finally admitted all the boxes are refurbished and came out in 2014. Like I said, I am not happy with this downgraded archaic setup.

0 Kudos

, thanks for the kudo on the other post, I feel your pain...

g-idk
Master

@debinatore , thanks for the kudo on the other post, I feel your pain!!  Hopefully my little instructions on the other post can help at least a little bit.  I know it's not what you want in functions but it's the best I could come up with.  

wrote  they finally admitted all the boxes are refurbishe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@debinatore wrote  they finally admitted all the boxes are refurbished and came out in 2014. 

Were they referring to the old ARRIS boxes, or your current box?  

The remote went from 39 buttons to 60 buttons

I only count 39 buttons on the new remote.Rogers Setup ManualRogers Setup Manual

My new remote is the Atlas https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-...

debinatore
Grasshopper

My new remote is the Atlas https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-program-your-shaw-remote-control/ta-p/6182#content-sec...

I had the Arris Gateway system... and they were referring to the now reburbished motorola boxes I'm stuck with.

0 Kudos

Are you on a bulk account in a condo? You didn’t get the...

rstra
Grand Master

@debinatore  Are you on a bulk account in a condo? You didn’t get the Ignite TV upgrade.

Correct on the bulk account, which is another nightmare w...

debinatore
Grasshopper

Correct on the bulk account, which is another nightmare when dealing with Shaw Rogers.

We are not on the Ignite TV system. Does the Ignite TV system allow you to PVR on one system and watch the recorded program on another TV? Like we had with the Arris Gateway and portals.

0 Kudos