Yes, recording are available on all boxes. You can watch...

rstra
Grand Master

@debinatore Yes, recording are available on all boxes. You can watch recordings on one and then resume on the other.

Not sure how Rogers is managing bulk accounts, but it sounds like they are using the same Motorola boxes as the business customers. You might be able to add your own secondary account with the Ignite equipment. 

0 Kudos

Hmmm. I'll ask the tech if and when he shows up... suppos...

debinatore
Grasshopper

Hmmm. I'll ask the tech if and when he shows up... supposed to be here already... if no show this will be the 2nd time in less than week... I'm getting really annoyed by this "new" company that took over Shaw.

0 Kudos

Well... there you have it.. a company that just doesn't c...

debinatore
Grasshopper

Well... there you have it.. a company that just doesn't care... tech has not shown up or called. Here we go again. I am so annoyed.

0 Kudos

f seen this note on my recent invoice. Previously i had p...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

f seen this note on my recent invoice. Previously i had purchased 3 motorolla boxes several years ago, and when i was migrated to the Ignite service, the 3 [replacement] ignite boxes were free for the 2 year term. Once the term is over, i may have to decide whether to keep the boxes or discontinue the service altogether. I don't think these ignite boxes are sold individually, afaik.

Upcoming change to your TV box rental fees: We hope you're enjoying your TV service. Currently,
you have one TV box provided with your package. While the rate of that box remains unchanged,
with the rising costs to deliver the latest technology, we'll begin charging an additional
$7/month (plus taxes) for each additional rental box, starting on your first bill on or after
September 15, 2024

0 Kudos

Hi, yes that is correct, you can not purchase the tv boxe...

g-idk
Master

@michaelstein  Hi, yes that is correct, you can not purchase the tv boxes outright only rental, and yes the notice you received is correct also.  So after Sept.15/24 you will still get to keep the 1 tv box for free rental but the 2 other boxes will now cost you $7.00 each per month, even on your 2 year value plan, because equipment rental above the one box is not bound by the 2 year value plan, even if you got it free before, they can now charge you whatever there going rate is for equipment rental.  This whole thing has been a nightmare for many many people who mistakenly thought they were protected under their 2 year plan from any increases, but as it turns out there are many things and services they can change and charge for, you are only protected for the base internet price and base tv price for the 2 years.  

0 Kudos

Glad i kept the original contract and it states in the co...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Glad i kept the original contract and it states in the contract the following:

"BlueCurve TV Player Wireless 4K Rental (x3)" are included - it's right there, IN THE CONTRACT!

The discount applies from (May 2023 to May 2025)

The "x3" refers to 3 boxes on the account - previously 3 motorolla boxes were purchased

Also the contract was mutually agreed upon around May of 2023 under a "Shaw" letterhead, if that matters.

0 Kudos

, well all I can say is good luck! because that is what...

g-idk
Master

@michaelstein , well all I can say is good luck!  because that is what everyone else has been complaining about too. I thought my extra box was totally covered by my contract also, but no go, as of Sept.15 I have to pay the $7.00 extra if I want to keep the box ( by the way I'm returning it).  It's all buried in the small fine print in the service agreement about how they can still charge extra above and beyond the contract for a whole host of extra services and equipment rentals, here is a little snip from said agreement that is buried. Could you please let us know what ends up showing on your next invoice, and I have my fingers crossed for you.  This is udder cow poop.  Screenshot 2024-09-06 224555.png

0 Kudos