I have experienced the same frustrations with Shaw. Confl...

kml11852
Grasshopper

I have experienced the same frustrations with Shaw. Conflicting info from multiple agents. I would love to punt them but we go back to. early days in Edmonton. 

0 Kudos

Been back with Shaw for 6 weeks after being with Telus fo...

gcook000
Grasshopper

Been back with Shaw for 6 weeks after being with Telus for 10 years, coincidentally cancelled Shaw then due to poor service.

Terrible, inconsistent, unstable connection.  Super sad as I’m now 40++ hours on chat with them and NO FIX.  As soon as Telus ups their speed in my area Shaw will once again be in the 10 year bye-bye list.

DISAPPOINTED

0 Kudos

I hear your pain.  I also feel duped.  I am also switchin...

UnhappyCamper1
Grasshopper

I hear your pain.  I also feel duped.  I am also switching to Telus at the first opportunity.   I entered into a two-year contract using a Gateway system which I was very happy with.  However an equipment failure forced me to upgrade to BlueCurve which I just hate. Also customer service and technical support is very, very poor-- though well meaning.  I have gotten four different pricings for the same product and services.  Almost made the mistake of adding phones to the account which would have complicated a switch.  I have heard Telus's customer service is also lacking, but Shaw's has deteriorated so much in the last few years, I'm going to give it a try.

0 Kudos

-- Almost made the mistake of adding phones to the accoun...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@UnhappyCamper1 -- Almost made the mistake of adding phones to the account which would have complicated a switch.

Years ago, when I switched from Telus land-line service to Shaw land-line service, everything went fine, including "porting" of my telephone-number, and installation of the Shaw Phone adapter beside Shaw's "demarcation" box in my garage.

Note that having Shaw Internet entitles you, via www.ShawMobile.ca to switch your mobile-phone to Shaw, and pay $0.00/month for unlimited talk-and-text within Canada. Add "data" services, for $10/month.  Much better value-for-the-cost than any of the Telus cell-phone plans.

0 Kudos

Had bluecurve for about a week!  Internet coverage is wor...

Bohica
Grasshopper

Had bluecurve for about a week!  Internet coverage is worse than the older system.  Pvr can't seem to keep things in sequence and older recordings  are at the other end of the series.... what a pain.  The old system said delete and play next, not this tongue in cheek better system it must have  been too complicated for the grade eight that programmed this!   And try to find out what channel something was recorded from is also not available.  In over 35 years living in this house with Only Shaw as a provider, bluecurve is crap plain and simple compared to all before it!  No wonder they want to sell to Rogers!  I may have to buy out the 4 months and give bell a try.... I doubt it could be worse!

0 Kudos

if you had it less than a week, you can cancel it wthout...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

if you had it less than a week, you can cancel it wthout penalty as you are in within buyers remorse.  

0 Kudos

When my recordings end, I get “delete now” and then “watc...

rstra
Grand Master

@Bohica 

When my recordings end, I get “delete now” and then “watch next” dialog boxes. 

Recording info, including date, time, channel and length are all listed on the recordings. Go to Saved/Recordings and highlight a recording then ok. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help