Not being able to mix and match old and new equipment (an...

bpearce
Grasshopper

Not being able to mix and match old and new equipment (and now wireless and wired blue curve) is due to Shaws system and not the hardware. When I went from the old gateway TV with portals and a couple DCX boxes to BlueCurve I was told I couldn’t continue to use the DCX’s without having a second account which I would be billed for. Now I wanted to add one wireless blue curve box for one TV that didn’t have a coax outlet near it and was told Shaw uses separate servers for wired blue curve versus wireless so there was no way to run both, Bit ridiculous

0 Kudos

-- one TV that didn't have a coax From Walmart Canada's w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bpearce -- one TV that didn't have a coax

From Walmart Canada's web-site: HDMI to RCA Cable HDMI Male to 3 RCA AV Cable Cord

for $20.99 (marked-down from $31.99) to convert HDMI-output to RCA ("post-and-collar") connectors (video, stereo audio).

0 Kudos

I think they mean that there is no coax outlet near the t...

rstra
Grand Master

I think they mean that there is no coax outlet near the tv and they can’t add a wireless BlueCurve to that tv because they are on the wired system.

0 Kudos

My experience with Shaw has been similar in alot of ways....

Telusin2022
Grasshopper

My experience with Shaw has been similar in alot of ways. Bottom line extremely time consuming frusterating and unfair. I feel duped and conned into a contract- they arent able to uphold on their end but they still expect you to pay your bill in full and on time. Needless to say I will be switching to Telus in 2022 the exact date my contract ends. 

-- they aren't able to uphold on their end In what way? W...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Telusin2022 -- they aren't able to uphold on their end

In what way?

What trouble-shooting did Shaw Support do, when you contacted them?

What are the symptoms?

I would file a consumer complaint, raise it on Reddit and...

Kinetic
Grasshopper

I would file a consumer complaint, raise it on Reddit and all social media available and get in touch with ctv or any media to get the contract cancelled. This is bs as my blue curve modem is dropping all the time. I’m going to switch and if they pull this stunt, I’m going to make it my full time job to expose Shaw.

0 Kudos

I'll be on my 3rd Blue Curve crap-modem in a couple days....

KingStuugie
Grasshopper

I'll be on my 3rd Blue Curve crap-modem in a couple days.  Shaw makes promises of X Mbps download and X Mbps upload but does not consistently deliver.  I would like to buy my own modem and ditch the blue curve but Shaw does not allow that.  What a joke!

I work from home now, my wife is a student from home now, and I stream on Twitch 3 days per week and I cannot do any of this while I wait for another crappy modem to be delivered to my house because I cannot go and pick one up at a Shaw store.  Of course they blame COVID for that but then why do they have a store open if they're that worried about COVID?  I'm so pissed.

I really wish Bell-MTS had equivalent services, I'd switch in a heartbeat.  

0 Kudos

Really unlikely that another modem is going to make a dif...

rstra
Grand Master

Really unlikely that another modem is going to make a difference, sounds like it is time for a service call 

0 Kudos

-- I'll be on my 3rd Blue Curve crap-modem in a couple da...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KingStuugie -- I'll be on my 3rd Blue Curve crap-modem in a couple days. 

I agree with @rstra -- if changing 3 tires on your automobile does not make it driveable, it's time to book a service-call with the automobile dealer, because the problem with your car (or your Internet) is not related to the tires (or the cable-modems).

Before you contact Shaw, unscrew the coaxial-cable from your cable-modem and from the wall-outlet, and then reconnect it, to try to achieve a solid connection. Also, try a different coaxial-cable.  Try a different Ethernet cable between your computer and your cable-modem.

Shaw Support can remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the incoming "signal-strength", and other values -- a "poor" signal can cause your symptoms.

0 Kudos

You are as patient as a glacier. I'd call Telus, find out...

PaulStanley
Grasshopper

You are as patient as a glacier. I'd call Telus, find out the cost of an equivalent plan & hardware, then call Shaw Loyalty and demand (not request) a major $$$ discount or threaten to terminate your service. They don't read this and they have no idea who you are, so no one will call your bluff. Or, just switch to Telus and tell them about your horrible Shaw experience and then "request" extras to convince you to switch (i.e. give me a promotional price on package xyz for 6 months ... then cancel that package later). STOP being so nice to Shaw; you're paying them to exploit you. Let them hear your angry voice (I think you need to practice it first).

I agree that Blue Curve has draw backs and the software is a major disappointment. The hardware, however, seems to have fewer crashes than the old Hitron modem.

TALK TO US
We're here to help