Battery issues in a blueSky remote

jrf
Grasshopper

I seem to be getting about 3 weeks life to a set of batteries in my Blue Sky remote. Is there an issue here or is this normal? And am I able to use rechargeable batteries in these remotes? To help save on battery costs.

4 Replies

You can certainly use rechargeable batteries in your remo...

shaw-valerie

@jrf You can certainly use rechargeable batteries in your remote, but the battery life that you're describing does not sound normal for these remotes. I'd recommend trying a factory reset of the remote, following the steps here, then re-pairing it to the box, following the steps here, and see if that makes any improvement. 

0 Kudos

Hi Valerie from Shaw, use recyclable batteries! What's th...

Benita
Grasshopper

Hi Valerie from Shaw, use recyclable batteries! What's the difference? Recycle batteries just saves you the hassle of throwing other batteries. It is still expensive!

I don't know who designs the shaw remotes, but they all use up battery energy like crazy.

May I suggest to the Creator of the shaw bluecurve remote to put a "light" button choice on the remote. This way we can put the light on WHEN WE want the light on.

Or, maybe Shaw should Supply our batteries for us. Whether they be regular batteries or rechargeable batteries, your choice.

I say this out of bitterness because oh, I have had my fill with this remote! Shaw you can do better.

It is the RF and voice function of the remote.

rstra
Grand Master

It is the RF and voice function of the remote.

0 Kudos

I have resorted to rechargeable batteries but am only get...

CSI
Grasshopper

I have resorted to rechargeable batteries but am only getting about a week out of them. At least it's better than having to recycle regular batteries. We record all our shows so we can fast forward commercials and always use the voice function. But we had Gateway previously and other than the voice function we used our remote the same way. If they can't figure it out soon I may switch to another TV and internet provider.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help