Re: Big Changes To TV Plans

Not applicable

Shaw has announced a Price increase on April 1, 2019 which seems to match what's been on the website for several months. See https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-17874 as referenced in the most recent bill.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

andyk wrote:

Shaw has announced a Price increase on April 1, 2019 which seems to match what's been on the website for several months. See April 1, 2019 | Rate Adjustment FAQ as referenced in the most recent bill.

Well there was absolutely nothing on my March 2019 bill so I'm guessing that my bill will not be going up at all. Which is good because if it did I would feel that SHAW broke the agreement of my 2-year deal as the main reason I agreed to the deal is that I was told that unless I made changes to my TV package ( extra channels or extra Theme packs ) then my bill was guaranteed not to go up for a full 2 years. If SHAW broke the agreement then legally I feel that I could break the agreement also and not have to pay a $ 20/month penalty for the remaining 14 months.

0 Kudos

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

It reflected on my bill but no worries it will not go up as I'm protected for another year of my two year plan.  your bill will not going up as long you not changing packages.  you should be good as you are on the two year plan.  it will be reflected under your promotions part of your bill as they will not increase your bill. 

hope it helps you.  

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Hey cpmrich - your info helps a lot so thanks. It kind of makes sense as the price for the TSN/Sportsnet theme packs almost doubled a few months ago but there was no change to my bill at that time either. It looks like I'm going to face a big decision once my 2-year deal is up as SHAW has pretty much priced themselves out of my range. It sure would be nice if they at least added some new HD channels to warrant these never ending price increases.  

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

OK - so I've gotten the official word from a SHAW rep. For those that are on a 2-year deal there will be no increase to your base TV package or your Theme Packs. However there will be an increase to any extra TV channels or packages that you have added to your base TV package. So for those that have added an extra Theme Pack or some Pick and Pay channels then they will have the increase added to their April bill. 

0 Kudos

xviper
Grasshopper

It seems this happens every year.  My Popular TV went up 5 bucks and my internet went up 3 bucks.  Same thing happened a year ago and if I search back more years, I'm sure this has happened with regularity.  You know, this "nickel" here, "dime" here is pushing me to the edge.  It may be time to take the free Telus 4K TV and sign on with them for 2 years.  I won't save any money per month but at least I get a free TV.  A friend did this a few months ago and has been very happy with the pricing, internet speed and TV signal quality.  The free TV is also very nice.  Shaw keeps raising the prices and justify that by giving me new TV channels that I don't need or want and internet speeds that I also don't need, want or can even tell that's it's faster/better.

"Kudos" is singular but they certainly don't get any.

Mountainbiker
Grasshopper

"Kudos" is singular but they certainly don't get any.

0 Kudos

My Shaw bills seem to increase every month (over the past...

MiketheAdmiral
Grasshopper

My Shaw bills seem to increase every month (over the past two months my bill has risen from 237 up to 255) and less channels?? Each month is a new line item  - Rate Adjustment - ??? Researching and Looking at Telus now. 

0 Kudos

If you have questions about your bill or services specifi...

shaw-valerie

@MiketheAdmiral If you have questions about your bill or services specifically, get in touch with our customer service team here, and they can take a look into it with you! 

0 Kudos

Gosh, I'd forgotten about basic and the three tiers. We h...

jenspoke
Grasshopper

Gosh, I'd forgotten about basic and the three tiers. We had it a few years back. A few months ago I changed to Blue Curve/Sky at Shaw's recommendation. Our old HDPVR box was getting glitchy. Here we are 3 1/2 months later and are switching back from BlueCurve to  a HD box. And so life goes....

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help