Blu Curve is a failure for watching TV, although it may be an improvement for streaming.

JLindsay
Grasshopper

Blue curve is poor for watching TV. Why? Because the Arris gateway system allows you to simultaneously watch two channels, go back-and-forth between the channels, and rewind to any point that you missed. The blue curve system does not do this. It is ineffective and a failure in this important regard. As well, as far as I know, the blue curve app cannot schedule a remote recording for viewing upon your return to your home. It is also a a clunky and slow channel changer. It is a complete failure.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

I was hoping with the rebrand they would have updated to...

BeeKay21
Grasshopper

I was hoping with the rebrand they would have updated to allow remote recording (like I could do with Telus for the last decade)... Unfortunately, looks like they don't even try to keep up, let alone innovate. 

0 Kudos

-- The Arris gateway system allows you to simultaneously...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JLindsay -- The Arris gateway system allows you to simultaneously watch two channels, go back-and-forth between the channels, and rewind to any point that you missed. The blue curve system does not do this.

But, you can easily do it -- press "record" on the channel you are watching, and then select the other channel, and press "record".  Voila!  You can now flip between the two channels, and rewind to any point.

Last November, you said that you were going to "throw away" your BlueCurve. Did you? Did you "cut the cord", and view everything via streaming, or do you use Shaw On Demand the day after the broadcast, to view what you did not record when you were away from your home?

0 Kudos

The features you are looking for are possible because you...

rickatk
Master

@JLindsay wrote:

Blue curve is poor for watching TV. Why? Because the Arris gateway system allows you to simultaneously watch two channels, go back-and-forth between the channels, and rewind to any point that you missed. The blue curve system does not do this. It is ineffective and a failure in this important regard. As well, as far as I know, the blue curve app cannot schedule a remote recording for viewing upon your return to your home. It is also a a clunky and slow channel changer. It is a complete failure.

The features you are looking for are possible because your Gateway product has multiple tuners. The Blue Curve device is a stream device that runs on Internet Protocol TV standard. It is pretty much all software based. With that the solution is “Picture in Picture which some IPTV apps and hardware  offer. I believe Apple is doing something in this regard. I would suggest you send a suggestion to Rogers/Shaw to add Picture in Picture features to the Blue Curve gear. https://www.rogers.com/contact/shareaconcern

0 Kudos

If it was that big of a deal for me, I would get two Igni...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk  If it was that big of a deal for me, I would get two Ignite players and plug them both in to my TV and just hit the input button to switch back and forth.

I guess the old gateway method would be useful when watching live sports, but I can’t see it being practical for anything else, other than to totally annoy anyone who is unlucky to be watching TV with me.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help