I have a Harmony One remote, added a new device Mfg: XiOn...

findlayl
Grasshopper

I have a Harmony One remote, added a new device Mfg: XiOne and entered Model Xi6-A clicked on next and was prompted Rogers, Xfinity and Cox Communications Xi6-A. Chose Rogers and it worked fine. Also tried Xfinity it worked to. As per Grasshopper,  I can enter the guide, change channels, navigate thru menus, record, pause and rewind live TV etc.  Obviously some functions like voice control still need the original Shaw remote but most other functions work normally.

Mr. D

0 Kudos

I have an ancient but beloved Harmony 900 (no Harmony Hub...

aroos
Grasshopper

I have an ancient but beloved Harmony 900 (no Harmony Hub) which controls our complicated home theatre setup. I just installed a Shaw XG1v4 TV Player and coded it as an Xfinity X1. It works perfectly and I can use the Voice feature if I want to use the Shaw remote.

Using the Shaw XiD TV Portal, I also used the Xfinity X1 coding on a  Harmony Hub system  I have for a smaller home theatre system in our home office. It also worked perfectly without disabling the Voice feature. 

Thanks for the great advice. 

0 Kudos

I should add that on the Harmony 900 setup, its IR extend...

aroos
Grasshopper

I should add that on the Harmony 900 setup, its IR extenders work perfectly with the Xfinity X1 coding. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help