Blue curve not casting to chromecast

Muller1
Grasshopper

Hi, we are again having issues trying to get the blue curve app to cast to our tv through our chromecast.

our cbc gem app casts with no issue; our CTV app casts with no issue; DAZN casts with no issue; you tube casts with no issue; knowledge kids casts with no issue!!!

the problem is clearly not our tv or chromecast or wifi or our iPhones; the issue is your blue curve tv app!!! We need to stream because the cable tv service we pay Shaw over $200 per month for, is so crappy in quality and breaks up all the time, that streaming is the only option yo get a return on our costs!

please fix!!!!!

Labels (1)
12 Replies

Same here! Pretty frustrated at this point because I have...

Jade8
Grasshopper

Same here! Pretty frustrated at this point because I have not had cable for years and refuse to. As soon as I upgraded from old modem to this new bluecurve my Chromecast just won't work. I will be trying with my neighbours wifi to see if it's any different. I've tried everything I possibly can and it just won't connect to the wifi. 

Your Chromecast probably need to be setup again to recogn...

rstra
Grand Master

@Jade8 Your Chromecast probably need to be setup again to recognize the new wifi router.

0 Kudos

Yes same here....worked fine a few days ago now tv says r...

surreybarbie
Grasshopper

Yes same here....worked fine a few days ago now tv says ready to cast & my device says casting but Chromecast works fine with tennis tv, tsn,an, & dazn apps....what's going on Shaw??

0 Kudos

Add me to this issue as well. Please fix shaw

di221
Grasshopper

Add me to this issue as well. Please fix shaw

0 Kudos

I agree. It is absolutely a Shaw issue and there are very...

Michaelstrong
Grasshopper

I agree. It is absolutely a Shaw issue and there are very few scenarios where a companies denial and obfuscation of known attribution does not cause the customer to get 'super' pissed off and explore changing vendors. Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch with the dead parrot. 'It's not working' - 'Yes it is'.

Same issue here. Every other app I have tried successfull...

brasha
Grasshopper

Same issue here. Every other app I have tried successfully casts to our Chromecast.  Only the Shaw Blue Curve TV app fails - TV shows Shaw message saying Ready to Cast, while app on tablet shows it is casting.

The Blue Curve app, or the infrastructure behind it, IS BROKEN!!

SHAW, where are you when we have a problem and need you ???

Welcome to the discussion. This issue has just recently s...

di221
Grasshopper

Welcome to the discussion. This issue has just recently started and has affected alot of customers. SADLY, we are frustrated and are searching for answers. If you look under all the different shaw "category" columns everyone is talking about blue curve not casting and NOT working. EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING is a "SHAW MODERATER" can go ahead and answer on all the other forum chats but has been silent with ours. Again, please advise what steps are being done to fix the issue.

I have heard that they are working with Google on a fix.

rstra
Grand Master

I have heard that they are working with Google on a fix. 

I have tried this. I literally have done everything sugge...

Jade8
Grasshopper

I have tried this. I literally have done everything suggested and a few other ideas

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help