Still happening, any word on a fix yet Shaw?

Adam79
Grasshopper

Still happening, any word on a fix yet Shaw?

0 Kudos

Same issue here plus it keeps recording old shows when I’...

Tinkhawes
Grasshopper

Same issue here plus it keeps recording old shows when I’ve selected “new only”. A host of other issues as well!!  Wish I had my old pvr and system back. Nothing but trouble since I switched to the bluecurve!

0 Kudos

How patient do we have to be? This has been happening for...

jsamin
Grasshopper

How patient do we have to be? This has been happening for months apparently.

It only happens to me on certain recordings. The problem...

jsamin
Grasshopper

It only happens to me on certain recordings. The problem is that there are only three shows that I regularly record, and it screws up two of them - The Blacklist and Jeopardy. It is chopping and skipping parts of both. I'm lucky if I can watch even half of Jeopardy lately. My wife records way more than me, and it doesn't happen on her shows. We have both tried erasing and resetting the recording schedule for my shows, but they still are screwed up. I tried chatting with the Shaw techs, and all they were able to do was reset my modem, which didn't help. He couldn't offer any reason other than "occasional internet outages" an "all service providers have problems" which does nothing to explain why it consistently happens to only two shows (which are recorded on different channels) Overall, I am not impressed with BlueCurve.

0 Kudos

-- if the TV channel flags a program as "new", your PVR w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Tinkhawes -- if the TV channel flags a program as "new", your PVR will record it. If you watch it, and you notice that it is a repeat, blame the TV channel, not Shaw.

> A host of other issues

Please elaborate.

Note that the BlueCurve TV system seems to be more-sensitive to "low signal strength" than your previous PVR.

Contact Shaw (online chat or telephone), and get them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to view the signal-strength (and other values) reaching the device.

0 Kudos

Nope…channel shows as repeats. Also random recordings. EI...

Tinkhawes
Grasshopper

Nope…channel shows as repeats. Also random recordings. EI S2-episode 4, then records S7-episode 3 etc. When you go to episodes available, it doesn’t show all the seasons in between either. 
Other issues include stuttering, missing audio, missing requests to record. 

0 Kudos

I had this problem for quite a while. Was also loosing pi...

Chris137
Grasshopper

I had this problem for quite a while. Was also loosing picture after start up on portal units. Finally went to the Shaw store for help as calling in was no help. Ended up getting an upgraded system at no additional cost.

0 Kudos

Same thing here in Duncan

pappie
Grasshopper

Same thing here in Duncan

0 Kudos

We have it every Sunday when I try to record football......

RevTrevie
Grasshopper

We have it every Sunday when I try to record football... skips like 8 minutes of play one time... 3 minutes another time! So random and extremely frustrating! If Shaw wasn't my only option in this area of B.C. I'd switch in a heartbeat. Shaw fix your issues for the amount we pay for your supposed service it's a complete and utter joke and nothing more than highway robbery! Sad companies can get away with this stuff in this day and age.

ha well it's december now and still not fixed. been going...

drheldon
Grasshopper

ha well it's december now and still not fixed. been going on for months. how much patience are you recommending people have? and if shaw knows there's a problem with cloud recordings, why dont they just tell us rather than have us reset multiple times, ask stupid questions about what channels it's happening on, and then have us go through the process (and hours of wait) when it all happens again later the same week? I'm pretty sick of trying to watch my football games and having the recording skip 30 secs or 5 minutes inexplicably and missing key plays.

TALK TO US
We're here to help