Jump to solution

Similar to this response to you...your reply provides no...

catfluff
Grasshopper

@mdk Monday will be Thanksgiving day -- you would be fortunate to have any technician (Shaw or Telus or BC Hydro or Fortis or electrician or plumber or city Public Works) to skip this holiday with their family to attend to your need. Only the Police & the Fire Department will be on a normal schedule on Monday, unless you have an "emergency" (tree falling onto your BC Hydro wires, taking-down the whole street, or broken water-main flooding multiple basements, or a North Vancouver land-slide pushing your house off its foundations).

Similar to this response to you...your reply provides no value to the discussion. Why be so condescending to someone looking for help that state they have had this issue for an extended period?

Jump to solution

That was my thought exactly.

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

That was my thought exactly.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- your reply provides no value to the discussion. Such "...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@catfluff -- your reply provides no value to the discussion.

Such "online bullying" has no place on this peer-to-peer discussion forum.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I had Shaw come in today and he checked all the lines and...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

I had Shaw come in today and he checked all the lines and couldn’t find an issue, he thought maybe I had a splitter that may be defective and then we ruled that out, it seemed to me that he was stumped as to why I was having those issues yet it appears it’s a common thing if you search the forums, anyways I had to suggest to the tech for him to replace to modem as the tech that came out last time recommended that but I said I would wait to see what happened, so the tech did change out the modem and so far it’s fine but it’s too early to make that call as this happened last time where hours later after the tech left the issues came back, I will keep updating if the issues come back. Also the pods Shaw uses are pretty much garbage, that’s from my experience and even the tech today said the same thing, however better pods are coming soon.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Update, didn’t work, the issue wasn’t fixed. I’m stuck in...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

Update, didn’t work, the issue wasn’t fixed. I’m stuck in a one year contract might have to see if I can get out and go back to Telus.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Do you have the wireless BlueCurve boxes?

rstra
Grand Master

Do you have the wireless BlueCurve boxes?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, I even swapped them to see if it would make a differ...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

Yes, I even swapped them to see if it would make a difference and it never did, one tv is just inches away from the modem as well.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Is it happening on all TV’s? For the TV that is next to t...

rstra
Grand Master

Is it happening on all TV’s? For the TV that is next to the gateway, are you able to connect by an Ethernet cable and see if there is any difference?

When I installed the first generation XG1 (not wireless), I had audio drops through my surround receiver. I was able to use the optical audio connection to solve that problem, unfortunately that model doesn’t have S/PDIF.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I moved the tv boxes around to see if it’s just a faulty...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

I moved the tv boxes around to see if it’s just a faulty box or not, I will monitor it and see what happens, previously I tried plugging in the Ethernet cord to see if it would improve but it didn’t.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Let us know how it goes, also is it a particular TV, and...

rstra
Grand Master

Let us know how it goes, also is it a particular TV, and if so, what model and  make?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help