Jump to solution

I dropped it off in person.  When I asked if I needed any...

deme
Grasshopper

I dropped it off in person.  When I asked if I needed anything to show that I returned it the lady said no - but didn’t enter the return on my account.  The telephone support staff member I spoke with (when I saw the charge) stopped short of calling me a liar and said she would remove the charge but didn’t.  It comes down to ridiculously poor customer service.  I get that some people may be dishonest but to tar us all with the same mop is unfair and insulting.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm also having the audio cutout problem. It cuts out for...

Mhoffman
Grasshopper

I'm also having the audio cutout problem. It cuts out for a second followed by slight pixilation. 

Anyway, I laughed when I read about deme's problem of Shaw ripping him off. Happened to me twice. A few years back I cancelled Shaw and went to Telus. When I close the account they charged me for an unreturned box. I recalled a couple year before that I was having issues and a tech came and swapped a box out. I am sure that this missing device was the one the tech took, it was still on my account. After a lot of bitching to Shaw they eventually removed the charge. PITA.

Then recently I switched back to Shaw from Telus after a door to door guy came with an offer I couldn't refuse. Long story but the short of it is somehow I ended up with two accounts! I called Shaw to close one of the accounts and they said I again owed for equipment I did not have. The one account had the proper equipment. The phantom account had some other modem that I did not have. Again after a sh*t ton of bitching to Shaw and being escalated to managers (it was at least 3 different calls and many wasted hours), they finally removed the charge and close the account. I questioned why no red flags were raised on their end when two accounts were setup for one person at one address. Like shouldn't they say, "hmm, maybe there is a mistake here!"

Shaw are a bunch of thief's and try to rip people off plain and simple. Telus' customer service was way better, I never had any issues dealing with Telus, even when I closed the account. Shaw is always a PITA.

Jump to solution

Why is this thread listed as "question solved"? Was there...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

Why is this thread listed as "question solved"? Was there an update from Shaw regarding this matter?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The original poster marked the tread as solved in Septemb...

rstra
Grand Master

@Hesscham The original poster marked the tread as solved in September, the incident with BlueCurve was resolved by Shaw yesterday.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

thank you! I have noticed a huge improvement since yester...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

@rstra thank you! I have noticed a huge improvement since yesterday oddly enough. So this is great. I am thankful we were all able to work together and let Shaw know what was going on. 

Jump to solution

The live TV had improved last week but still glitches occ...

Pedro_in_Wpg
Grasshopper

The live TV had improved last week but still glitches occasionally.

I have to say playing back recordings have poorer performance compared to live recordings with audio muting ,video freezing and jumping at the same time in the recordings and on different STB's

Does anyone else have quality issues with their recordings?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- quality issues If you are using "Cloud PVR" with your...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pedro_in_Wpg -- quality issues

If you are using "Cloud PVR" with your BlueCurve, it could be a problem with your Internet connection being intermittent. I recommend that you contact Shaw to get them to trouble-shoot.

If you are recording to the 500 GB disk-drive inside the BlueCurve, it could be a problem with that disk-drive beginning to fail. How old is the BlueCurve (and, by inference, the disk-drive) ? Ask Shaw to replace the BlueCurve.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I switched over from the older system where coax cable co...

Pedro_in_Wpg
Grasshopper

I switched over from the older system where coax cable connected to each DCT (PVR and tuner models) to the latest Blue Curve TV system in February 2020 that uses the Xfinity modem that is wirelessly connected to 3 Wireless 4K (Xi6) BlueCurve TV Players. I picked up the equipment  at a retail location in Winnipeg - Polo Park. The 3 TV players were new condition and the modem was in used condition.

I assume I have the Cloud PVR as I am able to watch recorded content on my phone with the Shaw TV app. 

I will contact Shaw tomorrow and get some answers. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, everyone with BlueCurve is recording to the cloud now.

rstra
Grand Master

Yes, everyone with BlueCurve is recording to the cloud now. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I contacted Shaw support yesterday and got some answers a...

Pedro_in_Wpg
Grasshopper

I contacted Shaw support yesterday and got some answers and my technical problem resolved. 

First, the equipment I have doesn't have an internal hard drive. My recordings are stored on the Cloud PVR as I assumed.  

It seems the recording errors I had were caused by a poor connection where the coax cable is connected to the modem.

The errors were more severe on recordings than live content. The tech support rep explained that the signal going back to the cable system was poor. So the fix was to power down the modem, remove the coax plug from it, plug it back in and restore the power. After that, the support tech monitoring the levels reported that the signal going back to the cable system was good again. 

So far the recordings have been working much better. 

Anyone else with this similar issue should re-connect everything in their coax path just in case there is a poor connection somewhere. The F-connectors used for CATV are not the most reliable RF connectors, but we're stuck with them.

Thanks to tech support for providing a resolution and providing a valuable service.

TALK TO US
We're here to help