Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I got Bluecurve wireless with...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue. I got Bluecurve wireless with 300 internet installed on March 22, 2021. I am noticing this issue only on channel 142 Fox. Reset my modem several times and chatted with support several times and they are coming by next week to have a look. I have even connected my wireless tv box by Ethernet cable and same issue. Anyone else still having issues? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Anyone else still having issues?  Interesting question...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordon1111 -- Anyone else still having issues? 

Interesting question.

Since reading through this discussion forum is not mandatory for Shaw customers, those Shaw customers who do not have the issue probably are not reading this thread, and will not reply.  So, only those customers who do have the issue will be responding to your question, to agree with you.

I don't have the BlueCurve -- I have the older Gateway -- and I don't have the issue. Just one data-point for your survey.  🙂

Jump to solution

It looks like the issue has resolved by itself. Since Sat...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

It looks like the issue has resolved by itself. Since Saturday I have had no issues. Been recording and watching shows all weekend. I have cancelled the service call and will keep an eye on it and if it happens again I will report on the issue again. Thanks for your feedback MDK. Gordon 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

i was having sound cutout for only a fraction of a second...

wlowns
Grasshopper

i was having sound cutout for only a fraction of a second   bad for music  .a really smart tech came up & hooked up my system totally different with a yellow phone type cable from router to one of my wireless cable boxes  problem solved    i think it is meant to be wireless but is not .  try this but i dont know if its a normal phone cord   .you can see lights flashing at ports ??  cord was yellow & i changed to a gray one & problem returned  , put yellow back on & all is good  .  hope this is helpfull it was driving me crazy.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- i changed to a gray one & problem returned Compare the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wlowns -- i changed to a gray one & problem returned

Compare the order of the coloured wires at each end of the yellow cable; the order should be identical.

Compare the order of the coloured wires at each end of the gray cable; the order should be identical.

Also, read the printing on the gray cable, looking for "CAT 5e" or "CAT 6". If all you see is "CAT 5", that cable maxes-out at 100 Mbps, while a "CAT 5e" cable maxes-out at 1000 Mbps, and the "CAT 6" cable is even faster.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This started happening to me this past week.  It's not th...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

This started happening to me this past week.  It's not the first time, either - I've encountered this problem once or twice every year.

No pattern to it, doesn't seem to be dependent on the channel, either.  Sound drops for about a second or two, and is usually followed with some video glitching.  It's occurred about a 12 or so times over the last couple of hours.  Ran a speed test, and that was fine, so it can't be blamed on that.  I haven't performed a restart in quite a while, so hopefully that will knock things back into shape.  I'll try to shut it down, disconnect the coax for a minute, and reconnect as well.  

If this is an equipment thing, they should probably look into using more reliable equipment.  Seems not good if the cable box has to be replaced every 6-8 months.  I made the switch to the wireless 4K (Xi6) box back in August last year.     

Jump to solution

Hey Gordon1111...was reading your first post about having...

KimmieMcP
Grasshopper

Hey Gordon1111...was reading your first post about having Blue Curve and issues with audio cutting out with some pixelation? Well we upgraded to Blue Curve as of January 2021 and everything was great until about 2 weeks ago. ...I'm in Port Coquitlam BC....usually happens most on recorded shows. Starting to become super annoying. I saw your further post about everything resolving itself. Did you contact Shaw service in between noticingvthe problem and resolving itself? If so do you think they corrected things on their end somehow? Any additional info or tips you may have would be appreciated. So put Blue Curve was great for 4 months and this has just started. Again any info/input...just curious to know if things working okay for you still. Thx!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I feel the same way.....wah.

KimmieMcP
Grasshopper

I feel the same way.....wah.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I texted Shaw support since we are experiencing the same...

Fxlarryw65
Grasshopper

I texted Shaw support since we are experiencing the same issue and was getting worse. They confirmed they are aware of the issue and the ticket was escalated on May 20, 2021 due to high number of customers with issue.  No eta could be provided but they hope to resolve it ASAP. I did have some improvements when I removed power and coaxial from blue curve modem and reset all the wireless tv boxes when modem was back online.  Support said improvement may only last temporarily until issues are fully resolved. 

I felt our audio dropouts were worse watching recorded programs vs. live tv.  Also seemed worse on USA channels than Canada ones. But really hard to know for sure since it’s so random. 

PLEASE Shaw, fix the issue!!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes I am experiencing issues again mostly on the US chann...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

Yes I am experiencing issues again mostly on the US channels. I notice it on recordings mostly as I almost never watch live tv and I don’t have the patience to just watch live tv. It has been about 2 weeks I have noticed this issue, I did book another Shaw call and they replaced the blue curve modem but I am still experiencing that problem once in a while. The tech said they will be checking my outside line but mostly because my blue curve modem was resetting randomly. Now that I see people reporting the issues I feel more at ease as it’s not just me anymore. Good luck on your issue and hopefully everyone’s issues are resolved soon. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help