Blue Curve TV Picture Issue

Matt791
Grasshopper

I have a weird issue, wondering if anyone else has had something similar. We just switched over to Blue Curve TV about 2 months ago. Everything was working great until a week ago. Now on my 4K Samsung smart TV the picture (program, menus etc) will be almost entirely yellow on the first start up every morning. Cycling the power on the box by resetting it in the menu or unplugging the power cord will fix the issue. The box will work fine again for the duration of the day. Come the next morning the picture will be yellow again on the first start up. I've tried swapping the box for one from another room and the issue is still there with the new box. I've swapped HDMI cords as well thinking it's an issue with a cable. Will try replacing the power cable tonight to see if that makes a difference. Have also tried playing with the resolution settings going from the UHD 4K down to 1080P. WiFi signal strength on the box says it is very strong. The system seems to be working totally fine otherwise.. just scrambles the picture over night. On one hand I feel like it could be a TV issue as the new box did the same thing on this TV (or I have two bad boxes.. that seems unlikely) but at the same time no other sources (DVD Player, Fire Stick, PS4) are having issues on this TV. Restarting the TV, changing HDMI cables or HDMI inputs on the TV doesn't resolve the issue. Only restarting the Blue Curve box will correct it.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Photo of how the picture appears every morning.

Matt791
Grasshopper

Photo of how the picture appears every morning.IMG_1259.JPG

0 Kudos

Do you get this with another source like a streamer or DV...

rickatk
Master

Do you get this with another source like a streamer or DVD player on start up?

Contack Shaw directly, they will ping your gear and maybe send an innoculation down the pipe. Might be a hardware issue.

0 Kudos

All the other sources work normally, it's just the blue c...

Matt791
Grasshopper

All the other sources work normally, it's just the blue curve box. I assumed hardware issue as well so I swapped the box with a new one. We had a new blue curve box for our office that we hadn't opened and set up yet. Opened and installed that one and it did the same thing the next morning. Super weird that two different boxes are doing the same thing but that the TV is working normally with all other inputs.

0 Kudos

that is certainly very odd! The signal to your equipment...

shaw-tony

@Matt791 that is certainly very odd! The signal to your equipment looks good from what I see here. Do you have another TV to test the BlueCurve TV equipment on? What happens when you plug the HDMI connection from the BlueCurve TV box into HDMI 1/2 or 3? Does it still exhibit the same problems over time?

0 Kudos

We have tried changing HDMI cables and changing which inp...

Matt791
Grasshopper

We have tried changing HDMI cables and changing which input on the TV it is hooked up to. I do have another TV in the house with a blue curve box hooked up and it seems to be fine. I can swap it out for one of the two boxes that seem to have an issue and see what it does. When the colors go all negative like that the problem will still be present if I switch the input on the TV from HDMI 1 to HDMI 3. At the same time if the colors are negative like that and I change sources to our Fire Stick, the colors on that source are totally normal. Switch back to the Blue Curve box and the colors are still negative/yellow. Cycling the power on the blue curve box immediately resolves the color issue for the rest of the day and then over night it will change to be negative/yellow again. Very strange issue haha.

0 Kudos

Yup, something weird with the BlueCurve and some Samsung...

rstra
Grand Master

Yup, something weird with the BlueCurve and some Samsung TVs. Do you have the latest firmware?

People on the Comcast forums are experiencing the same problem.

0 Kudos

I have the exact same issue. Everything goes through a re...

Jerms
Grasshopper

I have the exact same issue. Everything goes through a receiver. Other HDMI inputs are fine. Both Shaw boxes I have do this no matter what input or what HDMI cable I use. I have an older Samsung 46” LED TV. If I switch inputs then back again it’s fine for 2 minutes max before it happens again. Its maddening. SHAW wasn’t much help. I’m thinking of just canceling. 

0 Kudos

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issues. D...

shaw-tony

@Jerms I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issues. Does this happen on any other TVs or just the 46" one?

0 Kudos