--- can't see any reply from Shaw This is a peer-to-peer...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dalo --- can't see any reply from Shaw

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support.

It is possible that @shaw-tony replied with a "private" message to the person.

Have you contacted Shaw Support? Did they suggest a replacement of your PVR?  Which PVR do you have? Does it record to the Shaw "cloud", or to an internal disk-drive?

0 Kudos

This is happening as I type this. The blue curve is so gl...

RBasil
Grasshopper

This is happening as I type this. The blue curve is so glitchy and slow to respond 

0 Kudos

-- does it make any difference if you disconnect the powe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RBasil -- does it make any difference if you disconnect the power-cord from the BlueCurve, wait a few seconds, and reconnect it, and let it fully restart?

Have you contacted Shaw Support, and asked the Agent to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to view the "signal-strength" reaching it? Having a poor signal-strength can cause problems, including your symptoms.

0 Kudos

Personally I have found that a reboot usually corrects th...

rwwish
Grasshopper

Personally I have found that a reboot usually corrects the problem, at least temporarily. Occasionally, but rarely, I have turned on my TV to watch a program and found the system locked up and stuck, whatever is on the screen is frozen. Again a power reboot is required. The other thing I have noticed is it seems to be worse on some TV channels than others. I have learned to live with it.  I have multiple programs set to record and replacing the unit with a new one loses all my recording program settings. They did change my unit some time ago but it didn't make much difference and it was a pain to reprogram the shows I wanted to record. At the end of my next 2 year term I will be looking at competitors.

0 Kudos

+-Telus can buyout remainter of your contract if you get...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

+-Telus can buyout remainter of your contract if you get a great deal with them.  Hope it helps.  Hope they cancel your shaw contract one day after your bill date so contract fee be reduced by credits for service no longer needed.  

0 Kudos

-- it is not really a "buyout" -- paying your Shaw monthl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cpmrich36 -- it is not really a "buyout" -- paying your Shaw monthly invoice for all your remaining months.

Instead, sign-up with Telus, get everything installed and working, and you will get "Telus credit" against future Telus invoices, up to $200. Then, you cancel your Shaw services, and pay the cancellation fee ($20/month times number of remaining months, if you have both TV & Internet, or $15/month, if you only have one of those services).  So, if you have 10 months left, you pay $150 or $200 to Shaw, return the Shaw equipment, and get that much "Telus credit".  If you have many months remaining on your Shaw Two-Year Value-Plan, the cancellation fee will be much higher.

0 Kudos

For the record, both my tv & set top box were off overnig...

rwwish
Grasshopper

For the record, both my tv & set top box were off overnight. Turned tv on to watch news & tv box lit up as well, HDMI cable and one starts the other. Changed channels to watch news channel and waited about 5 seconds before channel changed. Let it go on the channel for a few minutes and then tried to rewind as a test, took about 5 seconds to react. Same for fast forward. Went to test with a recording, every key punch going to my recordings and then watching my recordings had about a 5 second delay. Went to help screen and did a restart. A couple minutes later the unit restarted and as of now it is working properly. Remote is using RF. A definite glitch in the system somewhere.

0 Kudos

Actually I'm waiting to see what happens with the Rogers...

rwwish
Grasshopper

Actually I'm waiting to see what happens with the Rogers take over as well as my contract to expire. Living in a smaller community in the interior we aren't eligible for the Shaw Mobile cell service so am waiting to see if the take over will make any difference for our cell service and if we can then get Shaw Mobile deal from Rogers as the new owners.

0 Kudos

All channels at any speed of ff and revers as well. The w...

Nealcan
Grasshopper

All channels at any speed of ff and revers as well. The worst remote I have ever had the misfortune to use. Missing telus.

0 Kudos

I suggest a good 30 seconds to clear any charge.

rickatk
Master

@mdk wrote:

@RBasil -- does it make any difference if you disconnect the power-cord from the BlueCurve, wait a few seconds, and reconnect it, and let it fully restart?

Have you contacted Shaw Support, and asked the Agent to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to view the "signal-strength" reaching it? Having a poor signal-strength can cause problems, including your symptoms.

I suggest a good 30 seconds to clear any charge.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help