Blue Curve Youtube Ads, Restart after Youtube, Non-stick Guide View

Spiggy_Q_Topes
Grasshopper

Three gripes for the price of one!

1 - Youtube on the desktop, I see no ads. From the Shaw Apps Youtube, I see ads. Is there a way to suppress them? Does Shaw in some way benefit from them being show?

2 - Most times, after exiting the Youtube app, the restart current program process is totally messed up. Say, news in progress at 10:15, want to back up to 10:00, it takes me to 3:14 in the afternoon. Skipping backwards is a mess, rewind at any speed screws up like crazy, it's just impossible. It's not the Shaw box, I've replaced it twice and each does the same. Sounds like a bug to me. Is there a fix?

3 - Guide view. Is there no way to make it stick at "Free to Me"??? Drives me nuts to scroll down two or three pages to hit a long list of channels I don't have, don't want and will NEVER want, forcing me to go back and reselect "Free to Me" and start scrolling again from the top. I guess maybe Shaw thinks that maybe, some day, I might want the Shopping Channel, or six different versions of CTV, or golf, or fishing, or whatever. Please, Shaw, be assured, if I wanted I'd decide for myself without your prompting.

None of these is yet enough to make me change providers, but they're all irksome as hell. Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- I might want the Shopping Channel, or six different ve...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Spiggy_Q_Topes -- I might want the Shopping Channel, or six different versions of CTV ...

It is my impression that TSC is included in every channel-package.

For CTV, you are seeing both HD and SD versions, and the various "time-shift" channels (Alberta, Ontario, east coast).

I have not tried using the "Favorites" button on my remote-control, to see what that does.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help