Jump to solution

Cannot believe it but this worked. Thanks

SteveGodreau
Grasshopper

Cannot believe it but this worked. Thanks

Steve Godreau
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The key appears to reboot the cable box and enter Exit 3X...

BC4Stwr
Grasshopper

The key appears to reboot the cable box and enter Exit 3X, 0300, Shaw on remote while it reboots.- several times. Once TV is back on Exit just exits.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This originally worked but recently it went back to 5 min...

RN123
Grasshopper

This originally worked but recently it went back to 5 mins and this solution no longer does anything.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It originally worked for me as well and lasted for a few...

chadrutherford
Grasshopper

It originally worked for me as well and lasted for a few weeks but now it seems to revert back to 5 minutes every day. It's annoying, I'd sure like it if someone had a solution that would stick. Please 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Why does Shaw do this? The default should be 30 seconds....

Islandrye
Grasshopper

Why does Shaw do this? The default should be 30 seconds. Telus and Bell have a 30 second button on their remote and have so for years. Fix this Shaw or I will be going back to Telus

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- if you "talk" to your BlueCurve remote-control -- skip...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Islandrye -- if you "talk" to your BlueCurve remote-control -- skip forward 30 seconds --- does this work?

P.S. Previously, in this thread, there was a "how to set it to 0030 seconds" instructions.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, talking to my remote works but I want the 30 sec but...

Islandrye
Grasshopper

Yes, talking to my remote works but I want the 30 sec button. Yesterday I reset my box and entered the code and it worked. Today it’s back to 5 minutes. This is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Yesterday I reset my box and entered the code and it w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Islandrye -- Yesterday I reset my box and entered the code and it worked. Today it’s back to 5 minutes.

What did you reset? Your Shaw remote-control? The BlueCurve TV box? An older Gateway PVR box? Your TV? Did you completely power-off each device (disconnect AC power-cord, or remove the remote's batteries?

Other people have reported if they flip their Smart-TV to its built-in Netflix app, and back to TV, the "30 seconds" setting is lost. I don't know if this is true.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I reset the box and as it booted up I did the code. I hav...

Islandrye
Grasshopper

I reset the box and as it booted up I did the code. I have a brand new wireless box

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help