Jump to solution

I was unsuccessful with the PVR on, I tried while it was...

golfpig
Grasshopper

I was unsuccessful with the PVR on, I tried while it was rebooting (as suggested in previous posts) and had success the first time. 

To reconfirm:

Restart PVR

While PVR is rebooting, hit exit exit exit, then 0030, then Shaw button. When PVR restarts, 30 second skip is reinstated. 

Jump to solution

THIS DOESN’T WORK!  Why does Shaw SUCK so bad these days???

Andyconda
Grasshopper

THIS DOESN’T WORK!  Why does Shaw SUCK so bad these days???

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- have you tried the "talk" button on the BlueCurve remo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Andyconda -- have you tried the "talk" button on the BlueCurve remote-control, and then speaking "skip forward 30 seconds" ?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you!! It was driving me nuts... I even called custo...

kronikbc
Grasshopper

Thank you!! It was driving me nuts... I even called customer service to verify that I was doing it right

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I unplugged the blue curve box and whole the screen said...

mr60
Grasshopper

I unplugged the blue curve box and whole the screen said "Welcome", I pressed the sequence. 

When the TV got back up, the skip 30 was back. 

up till then nothing worked. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I couldn’t get the “exit” x 3 suggestion to work and wasn...

atrebla
Grasshopper

I couldn’t get the “exit” x 3 suggestion to work and wasnt sure how to reboot by unplugging ( I unplugged the modem but that didn’t shut down the TV)   I went to settings ( press the Shaw/menu button), then to Device Settings —> Power Preferences, scrolled down to Restart.  The 30 second skip was back once it rebooted

Jump to solution

I found using the voice activation - say forward 3 minute...

tmcd1
Grasshopper

I found using the voice activation - say forward 3 minutes or rewind 3 minutes - works. Problem solved and it's easier than buttons

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

How is yelling into your remote "FAST FORWARD 30 SECONDS"...

Timminator
Grasshopper

How is yelling into your remote "FAST FORWARD 30 SECONDS" a dozen times an hour when trying to quietly watch TV "easier" than pushing a button?? Why does Shaw think forcing customers to endure their garbage pain-inducing stunts by taking away half their screen and changing skip times to something unusable etc.  FOR A SERVICE THEY ARE ALREADY PAYING A PREMIUM TO SEE is OK?? These are simply tactics to make skipping the the ridiculous amount of repeated commercials they have to endure almost as painful as sitting through them!

As if the "IN PROGRAM CATFISH ADS", POPUPS, SIDEBAR ADS, PICTURE IN PICTURE ADS on top of all the nausea inducing repeat commercials they already jam into every 8 minutes ISIN'T ENOUGH to make you pay on top of the thousands a year for a service that cannot get simple search working properly for ANY sporting or live events?? 

Yes, its DEFINITLY time to cut the Shaw cord!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That worked for me.  Thank you.  It seems to get harder t...

candicew
Grasshopper

That worked for me.  Thank you.  It seems to get harder to set it back to 30 seconds every time this happens

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That worked for me.  Thank you.  It seems to get harder t...

candicew
Grasshopper

That worked for me.  Thank you.  It seems to get harder to set it back to 30 seconds every time this happens

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help