> Shaw will not relocate a cable outlet from one wall to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Shaw will not relocate a cable outlet from one wall to another

Correct, at the current time.

Blame COVID-19 for the Shaw employee not being allowed to enter your house, to connect the newly-strung cable through the wall into a proper socket & face-plate on your inside wall, to finish-up the installation.

> The only reason I have BlueCurve is because I have television locations that don't have cable outlets.

I don't think that the location of your "remote" TV boxes is relevant to your problem. If they are connecting via WiFi to your BlueCurve, that is what you want.

0 Kudos

That answer is incorrect for my application, I asked to have a w...

ss1969impala
Grasshopper

That answer incorrect for my application, I asked to have a wall outlet relocated months before covid-19. The only way they will relocate a wall fixture is to run a cable on the outside of the house and drill a hole through the siding,vapor barrier and insulation. Because it's on the top floor, In the past they would run the cable through the attic and down an existing wall. I've had this done before so I know it was possible. When the BlueCurve was first installed the Wi-Fi on the top floor was very poor and I had to get a series of PODS to plug in. The reason why I wanted to have a wireless gateway and hard-lined gateways is because I like the features of the old system way better than the new system. I can't have a mixture of the two so I was forced to get wireless because of my TV location and because they would not move an existing wall plug. If I was to run a cable from the old outlet location to where my television is now the cable would present a tripping Hazard to the entrance of the room.

0 Kudos

I am having the same issues. I have set more than one ser...

TND
Grasshopper

I am having the same issues. I have set more than one series to record and only recently have they stopped recording there are the 3red dots present but the first red dot is a rd circle ️ with a strike through it. When I checked the recordings they all say internet recording is currently unavailable. I have reset my Shaw box to no avail.  Most of my recordings are on channel 157 MeTV but others on other channels are also not recording. Only a few recordings are scheduled and recording even though the ones not recording are scheduled. 

0 Kudos

Can you try deleting and recreating one of the series rec...

rstra
Grand Master

Can you try deleting and recreating one of the series recording and see if that fixes the problem? Don’t forget to select “New and repeat episodes” for the MeTV recordings. 

0 Kudos

You get ME tv, are you in BC cause here in Alberta we don...

timpet
Grasshopper

You get ME tv, are you in BC cause here in Alberta we don't get MEtv, I'm jealous.

tim peterson
0 Kudos

I have the same issue, my Blue Curve is less than a week...

RonMorris
Grasshopper

I have the same issue, my Blue Curve is less than a week old and I had problems with the very first recording I tried to set up. Shaw has better internet connections and speeds, but Their TV service still needs help.

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RonMorris -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support: 1-888-472-2222.  Call them, and make them "earn" your monthly payments.

> I have the same issue, ... I had problems with the very first recording I tried to set up. 

The "same" as which other message in this thread?

Can you provide the details of what you tried to do, and what actually happened?

0 Kudos

The problem is that I tried to set a recording for Tuesda...

RonMorris
Grasshopper

The problem is that I tried to set a recording for Tuesday Evening, but Blue Curve decided that it would record the program on Saturday, and not on the Tuesday which I was trying to program. I have 2 wireless boxes and was told by the installer that I could record up to 6 programs simultaneously, but this recording was the only one at that time. Also when deleting recorded or scheduled programs they do not delete and it sometimes takes 2 or 3 attempts.

-- when deleting recorded or scheduled programs they do n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RonMorris -- when deleting recorded or scheduled programs they do not delete and it sometimes takes 2 or 3 attempts.

In most of Shaw's service-area, the BlueCurve PVR records to the Shaw "cloud", not to the device.

So, there might be some "delay" when sending a "record" or "cancel" request to the network.

If all else fails, contact Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222) to get them to remotely logon to the BlueCurve, to check its status.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help