BlueCurve recording problem

mistiblu
Grasshopper

I've had the BlueCurve thing for a couple of months now and something about recording is really annoying me.

So I set a number of series recordings, all for new episodes, for example NCIS.  I check the scheduled recording list daily to see what is recording that day and I notice things are missing on the list that should be there, in this example, the last new episode of NCIS in December.  I find the episode in the guide and it shows the red recording dots so it should record right? Nope! And its not recording on my alternate bedroom location either. I know its available on demand but I want it to record because if it doesnt, I will forget about it.  This seems to happen on numerous shows, whether i have them set for new or new and repeats, on a specific channel or not,  and if I dont check, they don't get recorded.

This is really annoying me!  Is there something i'm doing wrong?  Why cant anything be straightforward li

Labels (1)
18 Replies

With BlueCurve TV, the recordings would be the same for a...

shaw-valerie

@mistiblu With BlueCurve TV, the recordings would be the same for all boxes in your home, ie you should see the same content on all TVs, rather than different things on your living room and bedroom TVs. 

The most likely reasons for scheduled series recordings to not record is due to conflicts, meaning that other higher-priority recordings are happening at the same time so another program cannot be recorded, that the recording has been created on a channel you no longer subscribe to (common if you've recently changed your TV package, but can also occur if a recording was created for a channel that had been on a free preview) or that the information for the program in the guide is not correct, like a new episode is incorrectly flagged as a repeat airing. If none of those are the case, I'd recommend deleting that series recording and re-creating it, to eliminate any issues with the setting itself. If you are still seeing that program not recorded, get in touch with our technical support team here so they can take a further look into the issue with you. 

This response is incorrect. I just had Blue Curve install...

Seahwks24
Grasshopper

This response is incorrect. I just had Blue Curve installed three days ago. Brand new setup so no conflicts or channels no longer available, so on and so on. I tried setting up series recordings for multiple shows. I have had the Gateway system for years and the setup of the series recordings is almost exact so I am very familiar with how to setup and fine tune series recordings. I found Network series (not specialty channels) I wanted to record and went through the setup process for each series. When i looked at the Scheduled (Upcoming) recordings the shows do not appear in the list. I did some digging through the guide and when I went to a specific show I knew was to be recorded I found that it stated "Internet Recording is not currently available", what internet recording? This is a network show on a Canadian station listed on the guide, not recording from the internet. Please correct this response ans provide a correct solution for this issue.

I've not heard that one!  And because my BlueCurve is all...

mistiblu
Grasshopper

I've not heard that one!  And because my BlueCurve is all wireless, I suppose it is via the internet.  But it still doesnt make sense why some shows are not on the scheduled recording list when the episodes have the red dots beside them indicating they should record!  I find it very frustrating when regular network shows that yes, I do have as part of my package, dont record, dont have conflicts, yadda yadda yadda.   I'm finding that i'm having to keep a separate list and make sure every day things are recording that are supposed to!  

I am having the same problem also, recordings that I have...

ss1969impala
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem also, recordings that I have scheduled do not record, recordings that I have cancelled continue to record. I go to scheduled recordings and cancel it there it asks me for this recording or all future recordings. I try checking all future recordings that does not work I tried delete this recording it shows that it is cancelled but when I go back into scheduled programs it is still there set to record. When I know a scheduled program I want is going to be recorded that evening I'll go to the guide and it shows the red dots indicating that it is set to record but it does not record. This is extremely frustrating and the only reason I have blue curve is because I have television locations that don't have cable Outlets. Shaw will not relocate a cable outlet from one wall to another and I do not want to run a long cable cord around the perimeter of the room which would cross door openings. It would seem that since multiple people are having this problem it would indicate to me that there is a problem with blue curve.

Are all recordings failing, or only some? Are there any c...

shaw-valerie

@ss1969impala Are all recordings failing, or only some? Are there any commonalities between the failed recordings, such as specific programs, or programs on a specific channel, or difficulty in managing your recordings from a specific box in your home? 

0 Kudos

It is very random,I’ll even try recording the same show o...

ss1969impala
Grasshopper

It is very random,I’ll even try recording the same show on a different channel at a different time but still will not record. It seems that this happens when a show is already set to record as a series. But when I try to cancel a series recording that is working or not it will not cancel. I always try to keep the PVR at about 40% so I know it’s not a lack of space.  As I said before I’ll go to guide menu and it  indicates the program is set to record by the little red dots yet it will not record even when I go to record it not as a series. When I go to upcoming scheduled recordings it shows a program is set to record yet it will not.  I wish I could go back to the old PVR but unfortunately you can’t run wireless with wired system together,so says the shaw technician. I would also be happy to wipe the recording schedule  clean and start over but I do not want to lose all my saved recordings.

0 Kudos

I got caught a couple of times trying to record on time s...

rstra
Grand Master

I got caught a couple of times trying to record on time shift channels that I don’t subscribe to. Have you tried cancelling the series recordings by going in to the Shaw menu, select saved, select schedule, select series priority, once in there, highlight the series recording and press the D button. See if your series will delete that way.

0 Kudos

Also I can not go to another tv such as the basement and...

ss1969impala
Grasshopper

Also I can not go to another tv such as the basement and watch a recording in progress that was scheduled on the family room gateway. I can see that it is recording by going to the guide menu,but does not show it on recordings and  I can't access it at all until it is finished recording. It then it shows up on my recordings menu. It also shows that I have 9 gateway's connected and I only have 4. 

0 Kudos

I have tried just 1 series recording so far and it did no...

ajay99
Grasshopper

I have tried just 1 series recording so far and it did not record yesterday. I look at it today and it acts like it did not get done. However when trying to do it today I get the "Internet Recording is not currently available" which makes no sense as on bluecurve everything is "an internet recording". How does this get fixed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help