Bluecurve TV and internet disruptions

silverwingraven
Grasshopper

I have had blucurve tv for a couple weeks so I'm new to it. Over the last few years we've had allot of problems with Shaw internet modems. We have replaced them multiple times last few years and the internet issues seems to be coming back even with a new modem installed with Bluecurve.  This ofcouse I will need deal directly with Shaw if it continues.   But now that our internet is tied to cable , each internet disruption causes a disruption to cable. I have 2 questions.  We have the latest Bluecurve with cloud PVR. if lets say there is a 5 minute internet interuption during a scheduled pvr recording,  will it record with 5 minutes missing? Or is the recording done "in the background " via the cloud?  (the full recording can be viewed once internet is restored)

I also have unlimited data with my phone plan. During a internet disruption, is there any way I can tether or Hotspot my mobile data to temporarily restore cable? If so, what would be the procedure?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- each internet disruption causes a disruption to cable...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@silverwingraven -- each internet disruption causes a disruption to cable [TV]

It is unusual that you have had problems with "multiple" cable-modems. The problem might be "elsewhere", e.g.,

• a faulty coaxial-splitter inside Shaw's "demarcation" box on the outside of your home (or in a wiring closet inside your condominium building);
  • a faulty coaxial-cable inside the walls of your home;
  • a faulty cable between that Shaw box and the nearest telephone pole;
  • a fault on the cables between the telephone pole and the local Shaw central-office.

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222).

Note that a Shaw Agent can remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the internal statistics of the device, namely the signal-strength reaching the device; poor signal-strength can cause your symptoms.

Can you try connecting the cable-modem to a different coaxial-socket inside your home, to bypass any faulty cable inside the wall?

Do you have a coaxial-splitter, feeding one line into your cable-modem, and one line into your Shaw TV box? Try replacing that splitter, or, temporarily, bypass it (namely wall-outlet direct to the cable-modem).

Shaw wants to keep you as a monthly-paying customer. Give them a call.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help