BlueCurve TV box not showing cloud PVR percentage used

mi6_
Grasshopper

Recently subscribed to BlueCurve TV in August 2019. Got one of the new Xi6 wireless 4K boxes which was unfortunately useless in my basement, anytime someone else was on our wifi in the house the cable box had buffering/stuttering issues with the picture making it unwatchable. Shaw sent me out the older XG1v4 box which I installed today (it runs off a coaxial cable not WiFi). Unfortunately during the move, I’ve lost approximately 18 episodes of a show on the cloud PVR I’d been recording. Shaw support told me they couldn’t fix this and are working on a solution for customers who lost cloud recordings. Gee thanks.....

On the old Xi6 box when you hit the “Shaw” button on the remote and went into the “Saved” menu and viewed “Recordings” it showed in the top right corner of the screen a green bar with the percentage of the cloud PVR which was being utilized (I was at about 36% before swapping the cable box). I believe it also showed this when viewing recordings in the FreeRange TV app.

Since switching to the older XG1v4 box, it now lists the number of recordings instead of the percentage of the cloud PVR which is being used. The FreeRange app also no longer shows the percentage of cloud storage I am using. So how am I supposed to tell when my cloud PVR is nearing being full? Is there a setting that can show the percentage of storage being used? Why does the Xi6 box display this VITAL information but not the XG1v4 box???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

I was just thinking that since I lost about 18 recordings...

mi6_
Grasshopper

I was just thinking that since I lost about 18 recordings switching TV boxes in the cloud PVR....maybe I’m under 25% storage space now? Does the cloud PVR only show the percentage of space used when it’s over 25% full?

0 Kudos

Testing on our equipment here of the same model did show...

shaw-valerie

@mi6_ Testing on our equipment here of the same model did show the recording storage available, and this should be shown at the top of the list of recordings in the BlueCurve TV app as well. Ensure that you have updated the app, and try rebooting the box by unplugging the power for 10-15 seconds, then allowing it to boot back up to see if it will update the storage used. 

0 Kudos

Well the XG1v4 finally started showing the percentage of...

mi6_
Grasshopper

Well the XG1v4 finally started showing the percentage of cloud PVR a day or two ago. Unfortunately none of our devices (iPad Air, iPhone SE or iPhone 😎 show the percentage of space available when viewing recordings within the Blue Curve TV App. We’ve also updated all the Free Range apps to the new Blue Curve TV app on the devices. I’m 99% certain that on my iPad it showed the percentage of cloud PVR used on my iPad in the Blue Curve (Free Range TV app) prior to changing cable boxes.

0 Kudos

Definitely strange, it should show the storage used at th...

shaw-valerie

Definitely strange, it should show the storage used at the top of the list of recordings in the mobile app. Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling?

0 Kudos

Yes. I tried re installing the app. Still does not show a...

mi6_
Grasshopper

Yes. I tried re-installing the app. It didn’t fix it. Still does not show any percentage of the cloud PVR that is being used. My wife’s iPhone 8, my iPhone 8 and my iPad Air do not show the cloud PVR storage used in the Blue Curve TV app under “recordings”. I’ve attached a screen shot showing this on my iPad:“recordings” Blue Curve tv“recordings” Blue Curve tv

0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same issue as of August 19th 2022 an...

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

I'm having the exact same issue as of August 19th 2022 and although I've had 100's of other issues with my shaw blue curve, I NEVER once lost the Percentage!

This has only been happening since I Replaced my Black colored Modem with the new White colored Modem last week!!

Since switching Modems, the issues with Shaw have NOT stopped and now there's this New issue with absolutely No PERCENTAGE showing!?!

When in my PVR or Recordings list, the screen Only displays the Number of Recordings INSTEAD  of Both - the PERCENTAGE and the Number of Recordings!  

So now, how the heck am I supposed to know when my PVR is nearing to being FULL?

Just 1 more issue to add to the 100's I've already had with Shaw's TV services, and absolutely another Reason to NOT CONTINUE with my Shaw services come December 2022... Time to Move On to another provider of TV, Internet and Home Phone.... 

Is there some sort of New Setting that Shaw has implemented into the System in order to get back and show the PERCENTAGE  of PVR Storage being used?? Because it's RIDICULOUS that it Disappeared in the first place!!!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help