Re: BlueSky TV - Recordings Vanished

aspratt
Grasshopper

I also must report on this issue. 

I have, errrr had every episode of Star wars Rebels recorded.  When I noticed them recording again I realized my pvr lost about 20 episodes.

I have also noticed that random shows will record with out setting them to record. 

Gotta say I really miss my old Motorola pvr setup. I also am having a bitch of a time with the sound.  No Dolby 5.1 playback on TSN?  Never had that issue before......

chris48
Grasshopper

My Blue Sky recorder has just erased ALL my recordings, including ones made during the past week. This is the second time this has happened and it is extremely frustrating. At the time my PVR was approximately 40% full so in no way should there have been an automatic delete to make room for new material. This never happened on my Gateway, only when I switched to Blue Sky. Maybe I should switch again. This time to Telus. 

Not applicable

I had a folder of episodes disappear two weeks ago.  14 episodes of the newest season of Supernatural recorded off of SPACE.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi everyone, 

We know how frustrating this is and are working with the vendor to get the error fixed as soon as possible.  We're still looking for examples to add to the ticket, so if you have some time, you can get in touch with customer service directly to let them know that this has happened. You can let the agent know it's in reference to INC0586046.

Facebook and Twitter are the most convenient ways to contact us, as you won't need to wait on hold, but you can also call or use chat if that's easier for you. You can find the contact info on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/

We appreciate your patience and hope to have this resolved ASAP. Thanks!

0 Kudos

dbsusr
Grasshopper

We have had recordings vanish over the last 2 months.  Three different recorded series from two different channels (BBC Canada and NBC).  Not all of the shows in each of the series vanished.  A total of approximately 10 shows vanished.

I also have had this happening for several months in a Re...

Skeardy
Grasshopper

I also have had this happening for several months in a Red Deer. I don’t know if it is a coincidence but it seems to correspond with the new cloud pvr system.  I know that it is not yet in red deer, but I find it strange that this issue corresponds with the work that is probably being done. Perhaps it is linked, who knows, but I can can guarantee that shaw would never admit it. 

The first time it occurred I contacted shaw support, they had no idea, found no issues with the box, and gave me instructions on how to HARD RESET the box locally, see below:

While at the main box press and hold SETUP button on remote until light at top turns from RED to GREEN type 987, then press MAIN POWER button on the main box for 5 seconds, keep holding the power button on main box while pushing OK on the remote, then RIGHT ARROW & then DOWN ARROW on the remote. Then RELEASE the power button on the main box, the unit will reset. DO NOT hold the buttons on the remote down, just press in sequence. This may take a few tries to get the timing right.

This fix does work, but only for a few weeks. Then it starts again. I’ve done it at least 3 times now,  but it always goes bad in time.

I suspect a hard drive issue and will be contacting shaw about this to swap out boxes and seeking credit for lack of functional pvr use that we all pay dearly for. 

To add to the statement from above about losing all your recordings because of an equipment swap, what recordings are you referring too? kick us while we’re down   😞

We have also lost a majority of our pvr'd material.  Wors...

dsharb
Grasshopper

We have also lost a majority of our pvr'd material.  Worst part is we are at less than 50% full so no reason for clean-up.

Our team is still collecting examples of this problem, ge...

shaw-valerie

@dsharb Our team is still collecting examples of this problem, get in touch with our technical support team to submit your account as an example. 

0 Kudos

Every month since I have had the Blu Sky boxes... they co...

californee
Grasshopper

Every month since I have had the Blu Sky boxes... they completely format themselves. Shaw has replaced the one portal twice. Then they go from saying it's their issue, to "Someone in your household is deleting recordings". The thing is, the box completely formats itself. How can it possibly be someone in my household causing the issue? Regardless, only one Shaw rep has advised that it could be an issue on their end. We've had this happen monthly, to the point where I just don't bother relying on it to record any longer. I had Gateway for years, without issues like this. We've had nothing but poor support over the Blu Sky boxes deleting recordings. I'm trying to be positive that they will resolve the issue, but no hopes up.

This also happened to me in the spring of 2019 with sever...

XFed
Grasshopper

This also happened to me in the spring of 2019 with several episodes of Killing Eve - both Season 1 & 2. At first I thought my husband accidentally deleted them but he insisted he didn’t.   I think that I originally recorded it from BBC Canada or Bravo, which is part of our “large tv” package- but the program is now only on Crave tv - which we don’t subscribe to. Thus it was deleted ?  Or maybe I recorded them from Crave during one of those free preview periods & they disappeared after the promo ended?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help