Bug: watching Netflix or YouTube via BlueCurve breaks remote programming

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

After extensive testing, I think I can definitively say that watching Netflix or YouTube via the BlueCurve TV will break some remote programming - specifically the 30 second skip function.

I am currently using the Wireless 4K TV box (model Xi6). 

Steps to reproduce are simply to program the remote to skip ahead 30 seconds (press Exit x 3, then enter 0 - 0 - 3 - 0, and verify that the 30 second skip function works by watching any recorded content), then enter either the Netflix or YouTube apps (whether you go via Shaw Button > Apps or via voice control doesn't matter), exit the app, watch any recorded content, and press PgUp to skip ahead.  I've found that immediately exiting doesn't necessarily trigger the issue, and it is unclear how long you need to be within the apps to have the issue occur (it has happened after just watching a 15 minute video and sometimes only after a prolonged, 2-hour binge session).

In order to get the skip function to work again, restarting the box seems to be the only way to achieve this.  Re-entering the code to program the 30 second skip doesn't resolve the issue. 

I certainly get that the 30 second skip isn't "officially" supported, but when I had the XG1v4 BlueSky/BlueCurve box, I experienced no such issue.   

It would be great if Shaw would just make the 30 second skip an official options in the settings.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

This doesn’t happened with the XB6v4 and Netflix, I will...

rstra
Grand Master

This doesn’t happened with the XB6v4 and Netflix, I will try with YouTube. Might be limited to the Xi6.

0 Kudos

Yeah, it did not happen at all with the XG1v4 I had up un...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Yeah, it did not happen at all with the XG1v4 I had up until a few weeks ago.  I'm thinking it's specific to the Xi6.

0 Kudos

Yes, I meant XG1v4, can’t keep up with all the model numb...

rstra
Grand Master

Yes, I meant XG1v4, can’t keep up with all the model numbers. 😀

0 Kudos

Can someone from Shaw address this issue?

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Can someone from Shaw address this issue?

0 Kudos

I haven't heard of any trends in this issue and appreciat...

shaw-tony

@ziggurcat I haven't heard of any trends in this issue and appreciate your feedback. I will certainly pass this along. This issue may be specific to your Xi6, have you connected with technical support to see if they can refresh/reboot the box from our end to see if it makes a difference?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help