Can't rewind or fast forward on my TV during live shows

irishloraine
Grasshopper

When watching live TV, for instance,  Global Morning News, I cannot rewind or fast forward.  This is only on live TV.  When I'm warching a recorded show everything is okay.  I have checked the batteries in my remote and they are okay.

Labels (1)
14 Replies

Your Shaw PVR cannot "fast forward" on a "live" feed, bec...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Your Shaw PVR cannot "fast forward" on a "live" feed, because the PVR has not yet received the stream.

Your PVR should be buffering the "live" feed, which should allow you to "rewind".

Press the "pause" button your remote, to show how much of the feed is buffered.

One button on your remote should go "back" 15 seconds, each time that you press that button, to the limit of the amount of buffered content.  Does it?

Another button on your remote should go "back" 5 minutes, each time that you press that button. Does it?

Another button -- the "<<" -- should switch the video to "slow reverse". Press the same button, to switch to "fast reverse". Does it?

Watch the lamps on your remote, as you press buttons. Each press should light-up the "cable" lamp, if the batteries are OK.

0 Kudos

Yeah, “live” means it's happening right now, so aside fro...

Chrisby
Grasshopper

Yeah, “live” means it's happening right now, so aside from pausing while you microwave some popcorn, or chips and cheese for your nachos, mdk’s comment pretty much covers it. 

Actually you should be able to fast forward a live feed....

andy1
Grasshopper

Actually you should be able to fast forward a live feed.  Obviously not while it is actually live, but if you pause or rewind or jump back then you are no longer actually live but in the buffer and so you should be able to fast forward through that buffer.

I too am having issues rewinding.  I am able to jump back but when trying to rewind it just sits there.  The back arrows show on the screen and there's lots of buffer (as also proved by the ability to jump back) but it does nothing.

0 Kudos

Lamps work. There is no buffer. It happens on all channel...

Mike1234
Grasshopper

Lamps work. There is no buffer. It happens on all channels. There is no rewind or ff working!!

0 Kudos

Give the BlueCurve equipment a power cycle and see if tha...

rstra
Grand Master

@Mike1234 Give the BlueCurve equipment a power cycle and see if that helps. 

-- There is no Rewind or FF working Press the PAUSE butto...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mike1234 -- There is no Rewind or FF working

Press the PAUSE button, and wait 30 seconds. Then, press FF, to see if those 30 seconds have been "buffered", and if the playback from the buffer is at a "fast-forward" speed.

0 Kudos

I have the same problem, I was wondering if I have to hav...

TomV2
Grasshopper

I have the same problem, I was wondering if I have to have the show on from the start to be able to Rewind on Shaw. I just changed over from Telus and I was able to turn the news on in the last few minutes and rewind it to the start, but no FF is allowed with that feature, I guess it's so you have to watch the commercials.  

0 Kudos

I don’t understand what happened I was able to pause, fas...

TandCC
Grasshopper

I don’t understand what happened I was able to pause, fast, forward rewind. Now I can’t do none of that. I can’t fast forward.I can’t pause I can’t replay nothing. I don’t understand

I’ve had this system for about two years now. Enjoyed it...

TandCC
Grasshopper

image.jpg

I’ve had this system for about two years now. Enjoyed it because I could fast forward, pause, rewind and now when I try to do that this is what I get “This set up top box doesn’t support it.” So what’s going on??

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help