Jump to solution

Canada wants fox sports one and Fox sports 2

dtinbc
Grasshopper

Most Canadian shaw subscribers are angry that you and the crtc will not provide FOX SPORTS 1 and FOX SPORTS 2 in Canada, the American feed 24/7 ! The idea why is, correct me if I am wrong but is to protect the inferior Canadian sports networks, you can provide it with Canadian ads. We want all NHRA feeds , all Monster Energy Motocross, all Moto GP and everything 24/7.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

dtinbc would like a telephone response for Canada wants F...

dtinbc
Grasshopper

dtinbc would like a telephone response for Canada wants FOX SPORTS 1 And FOX SPORTS 2.  [moderator edit to remove personal information]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jump to solution

dtinbc would like a telephone response for Canada wants F...

dtinbc
Grasshopper

dtinbc would like a telephone response for Canada wants FOX SPORTS 1 And FOX SPORTS 2.  [moderator edit to remove personal information]

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  , probably a little bold to say most Shaw customers,...

g-idk
Master

Hi @dtinbc , probably a little bold to say most Shaw customers, cause I have zero interest in those networks.  But I'm sure they are quite a few who would like to see them.  It's hard to walk that fine line about protecting Canadian business and interest when we are such a small country compared to the goliath below us, and we can't allow ourselves to get swamped by american views and values, we are after all not the 51 state.  It would be nice if they could somehow come up with a compromise, so you could enjoy viewing your sporting interest,  maybe send a complaint to the CRTC.  Ok well here's wishing you luck.  

Jump to solution

Hi again  , please don't ever post your personal info. on...

g-idk
Master

Hi again @dtinbc , please don't ever post your personal info. on this forum for everyone to see, it is a pubic forum and not a good or safe idea.  Hopefully @shaw-tony  the moderator catches it for you to have it removed.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- would like a telephone response  This is a peer-to-pee...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dtinbc -- would like a telephone response 

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to contact Shaw Support.

So, I think that is extremely UNLIKELY that anybody will use a telephone to contact you, unless, while reading this reply, you scroll-down to see:

Capture-Shaw-Your-Voice.JPG

and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, and submit your telephone-number to Shaw, and ask for a reply via telephone.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

even if those channels were in Canada most of there live...

j1141
Grasshopper

even if those channels were in Canada most of there live sports coverage would probably get blacked out or replaced with other programming

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- even if those channels were in Canada most of their li...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@j1141 -- even if those channels were in Canada most of their live sports coverage would probably get blacked out or replaced with other programming

I doubt this statement.

If the Canada-based sports-channels offered the same programming, you won't need to subscribe to FS1/FS2.

But, the Canada-based sports-channels usually do not show the variety of sports (professional lacrosse, regional university gymnastics/swimming meets, corn-hole) that are available on FS1/FS2; so, no need for "black-out", or to substitute Canadian commercials for the USA commercials (think "SuperBowl TV ads").

Jump to solution

Hence why I left Shaw TV! FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports 2 are...

PonyPerson
Grasshopper

Hence why I left Shaw TV! FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports 2 are the only Sports channels with continual Horse Programming, Horse Racing, Show Jumping et  al. Programming Worldwide events not singularly USA or CDN but worldwide Equestrian. I guess SHAW considers Equestrian venues “chump change”. Anyway, TELUS does offer FOX Sports 1, so a bit of reprieve.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- do you have any friend in Point Roberts (Washington St...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dtinbc -- do you have any friend in Point Roberts (Washington State) who will sign-up with some satellite-TV provider?

See: Top 5 Cable TV and Internet Providers in Point Roberts, WA | CableTV.com

It might not be legal to move the equipment to your location north of the 49th parallel, to view FS1/FS2.

Maybe, you could find a Canada-based satellite-TV provider that offers FS1/FS2?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help