yup, me too. Worked earlier today. Spent useless 30min of...

Cal-Gary
Grasshopper

yup, me too. Worked earlier today. Spent useless 30min of my time texting Shaw support. No ideas and I was only one complaining!   They finally suggested I should just wait it out    Can you believe that?

0 Kudos

Having the same issue. Also, was already having problems...

Awbz
Grasshopper

Having the same issue.

Also, was already having problems where it casts live tv with no problems but freezes every 10 or so mins if I watch an on demand show or crave tv and crashes the chrome cast. Anyone else experience this before and fixed it? Tried all Shaw blue curve TV help suggestions already

Same here, January 11, 2022. Been getting the same messag...

Shari_
Grasshopper

Same here, January 11, 2022. Been getting the same message all day and night. Very disappointing. 

Well good to know I shouldn't bother calling as it would...

Shari_
Grasshopper

Well good to know I shouldn't bother calling as it would just be a waste of time. "Wait it out", indeed. I'll wait it out, browsing Telus's website bundle offers... 

0 Kudos

Same here, also started January 11. I know it's not the i...

wordsleadmeon
Grasshopper

Same here, also started January 11. I know it's not the internet or the Chromecast that's the issue because literally everything else has worked. YouTube, Sportsnet, Gem, Global, no problems at all with anything I've tried except for the BlueCurve app. Plays fine from the phone but absolutely will not connect to the Chromecast properly. It's so weird.

This issue is happening again right now.  Casting of TV C...

jzabudsky
Grasshopper

This issue is happening again right now.  Casting of TV Channels from blue curve App is not working

0 Kudos

Yes seeing the same thing. Looks like it is related to th...

RoyRiv
Grasshopper

Yes seeing the same thing.

Looks like it is related to this update that occurred:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/jan-11-national-account-services-my-shaw-and-equi...

Contacted support are they vaguely state that it may be fixed tomorrow with this update:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/jan-13-national-account-services-and-equipment-ac...

Support is going with the wait and see if that fixes it approach.   When mentioned that the billing will continue regardless of them having a working service that is meet with the app is free anyway so you get a response of you will get nothing in terms of a credit. 

Also reported to the appsupport@sjrb.ca but no response from them to even confirm they received the message. 

Shaw Ops and Mobile App team need to implement better testing and follow up for when they do these maintenance updates as the current process is not working.   Throwing out updates hoping that they will work and then taking 3 days to (maybe) fix them is amateur hour.

Well, now its working again this am. Not sure if it is be...

Cal-Gary
Grasshopper

Well, now its working again this am. Not sure if it is because they did something at their end or if it is because I went into my shaw account online and requested a channel refresh. Not sure if this is just a coincidence but hope it stays ok now. Will see if this continues to be an intermittent problem.  If you are still experiencing this as well, maybe try the channel refresh thing to see if it resolves it?

Yes is now working again for me as well.   Will see how l...

RoyRiv
Grasshopper

Yes is now working again for me as well.   Will see how long it lasts...

0 Kudos

It is always an issue with the app, Xfinity Stream users...

rstra
Grand Master

It is always an issue with the app, Xfinity Stream users have the same problems. I was happy to see that FireTV now has the BlueCurve TV app available, much better than casting.

TALK TO US
We're here to help