CBS: New Year's Eve Live: Nashville's Big Bash voice video out of sync

Boight
Grasshopper

Tried to enjoy this on New Years eve but the voice was noticeably behind the video. Who's fault is this and why isn't it monitored and/or what can I do on my end?  I have a Gateway/Denon/Sony lineup watching Spokane in Red Deer on channel 201.

This is not the first musical special on CBS with this issue. It's almost as bad as watching a dubbed Asian martial arts movie from the 70's... almost.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

-- I have a Gateway/Denon/Sony lineup What are the cables...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Boight -- I have a Gateway/Denon/Sony lineup

What are the cables between the Gateway and the Denon? RCA "post-and-collar" or fiber-optic?

Does the delay happen with other programs on the same channel?

Does the delay happen if you temporarily bypass the Denon, and connect via HDMI to the TV's internal speakers?

Is the Denon connected to some "audio-out" on your TV, if your TV has such output(s) ?

0 Kudos

Depending on your setup, it could be the TV or Denon that...

rstra
Grand Master

@Boight  Depending on your setup, it could be the TV or Denon that is having propblems processing the audio. If it happened all the time, you could adjust the audio delay from the Sony settings. How are you set up, Shaw HDMI to TV or to receiver?

0 Kudos

So far lately.. it's just 2 concerts that were on during...

Boight
Grasshopper

So far lately.. it's just 2 concerts that were on during the holidays, on CBS. All other channels including CBS are fine all the time.

0 Kudos

I need to know 2 things. 1) did anyone else notice this "...

Boight
Grasshopper

I need to know 2 things.

1) did anyone else notice this "out of sync" on the above concert? 

2) who's responsible for syncing/losing the synced content so I can complain to the proper entity.

0 Kudos

I've noticed CBS out of sync on numerous shows for months...

abdba
Grasshopper

I've noticed CBS out of sync on numerous shows for months.  Did't watch that NYE show specifically but I notice it every day on CBS This Morning.  And on multiple Shaw cable boxes/system types in various locations in Alberta and BC.

Thanks for replying abdha. CBS isn't one of my "go - to"...

Boight
Grasshopper

Thanks for replying abdha. CBS isn't one of my "go - to" stations, so I haven't noticed it at other times.

That leaves #2. Who's responsible for this sync problem? 

Is this where Shaw will blame CBS and CBS will blame a transmitter and nobody does anything to fix it?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help