The same thing has been happening to me lately, all of a...

glenn62
Grasshopper

The same thing has been happening to me lately, all of a sudden the show will skip ahead and I'd lose an entire act of the episode. For a while I thought it might be the station as it seemed to happen only on shows recorded on Global, but last night when it happened to an east-coast Global feed, I set up to record the same program on CBS Spokane; this morning, watching the recording from CBS, same thing was happening. (I record the three-hour block of FBI series on Global Toronto and watch it later in the evening so that I can fast-forward through the ads.)

The only upside is that after a week or so, the episode will show up on Global's Roku channel.

0 Kudos

-- the next day, those 3 shows should be available for fr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@glenn62 -- the next day, those 3 shows should be available for free, via Shaw On Demand.

The really nice part is that the commercials have been removed. But, where the commercials were inserted, there is a "promo" for some other Global TV show. Typically, just one promo per "break", and much less irritating than the original multiple commercials.

Question: when watching via Shaw On Demand, do you still get "drop-outs" ?  If so, it could be a bad connection (telephone-pole to Shaw's "demarcation box", coaxial wires inside your walls, bad coaxial-splitter between the wall-port and your PVR. Try connecting the PVR directly to the wall-port, to bypass the splitter.

Contact Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) and ask the Shaw Agent to remotely logon to your PVR, to view the "signal-strength" reaching the PVR. Anything "out-of-spec" (as Shaw calls it) could be the source of the problem.

I forgot about Shaw On Demand. I have never had drop-outs...

glenn62
Grasshopper

I forgot about Shaw On Demand. I have never had drop-outs watching Shaw On Demand in the past.

0 Kudos

Well it's me again (BA2-0) and here to ask if anyone is e...

BA2-0
Grasshopper

Well it's me again (BA2-0) and here to ask if anyone is experiencing this issue? Mine eventually improved in Oct 2021 and worked good for months, but starting a few weeks ago and getting progressively worse, it's come back. Programs skip, are missing audio, get stuck and won't advance, or end after a few minutes and I'm presented with the option of deleting my recording. Again my ability to use the recording function is gone as it's not reliable. Is it a coincidence that this is again happening in October? Shaw what's up with your system? I'm again checking into cutting the cable and I know for a fact that my options have only increased.

Same issues with our PVR. I want to go back when the PVR...

Fxlarryw65
Grasshopper

Same issues with our PVR. I want to go back when the PVR wasn’t stored in the cloud but a cable box with hard drive.  Please Shaw get this fixed or you will lose thousands of customers. 

Well yes now that you mention it. Intermittent audio drop...

Malquidas
Grasshopper
  • Well yes now that you mention it. Intermittent audio dropouts on a number of Bluecurve cloud recordings in recent weeks. It seems a bit different from last year's issue in that the video is generally good, just blank audio for seconds to minutes at a time. If I view the same show via the Android MyTV app the dropouts are identical so it is surely an error in the cloud file. 

-- what Shaw PVR do you have? Does it record to a disk-dr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BA2-0 -- what Shaw PVR do you have? Does it record to a disk-drive inside the PVR? If so, check the manufacture-date on the bottom of the PVR. Disk-drives do wear out, especially when they are automatically recording on two (or more) channels, so that you can use "rewind" or "skip back 15 seconds" or "pause" or "play-slow-reverse" on each of the channels. 

When you contacted Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) did they offer to replace the PVR with an identical (but refurbished) model, or upgrade you to the latest BlueCurve PVR (which stores recordings to Shaw's "cloud") ?

0 Kudos

I am and Shaws response is awful...evetytime there's a MA...

sighman
Grasshopper

I am and Shaws response is awful...evetytime there's a MAJOR issue it takes months of calling/chatting and no followup or resolution. It's actually pretty pathetic how they always seem like they have bever had this problem....when quite clearly they have.

I am having the similiar issues; it is really annoying....

roberta1943
Grasshopper

I am having the similiar issues; it is really annoying.  A techician even came to my place to check;  there was nothing wrong with anything on this end and he explained that the issues is not with Shaw but with the "Cloud", whatever that means!!!.  I PVR a lot of shows mainly because most commercials are an insult; I can FF by them but also because I don't stay up late.  This has been going on for months and if it weren't for the fact that I would have to pay an exorbitant amount of money to get out of my contract, i would change to Telus.  As customers of Shaw( for me, more that 30yrs) and now Rogers, we deserve better service: we pay enough for it!!!!!  

TALK TO US
We're here to help