Cloud PVR recordings skipping content

BA2-0
Grasshopper

I have been experiencing cloud PVR recordings skipping ahead by several minutes over the last month. I try to use the app on my phone to watch the same recorded program and I get the same results.

I do not have a local PVR so whatever is causing this missing content issue is happening within Shaw's own infrastructure. Last night it happened to 3 programs that were recorded the night before. Frustrating. I had to delete the 3 programs and use the on-demand feature to find them and watch (obviously with no fast forwarding through commercials). What's the point of having a recording feature if it doesn't record all of the program? This has been getting progressively worse.

Labels (1)
28 Replies

I’ve had the same thing the recording play back will skip...

Kevtsen
Grasshopper

I’ve had the same thing the recording play back will skip in middle of playback and not watchable 

I am having same issue plus more. The show will jump ahea...

LTes
Grasshopper

I am having same issue plus more. The show will jump ahead randomly and sometime kick me out of program and ask if I want to delete. Sometimes it won't even let me start the shows show and error(to quick to actually get error code) and then ask if I want to delete it .Also have sound cuts out in live/PVR'd shows.

I've had the same issue in the last few days.  Bluecurve...

mudler
Grasshopper

I've had the same issue in the last few days.  Bluecurve TV and cloud PVR. 

Multiple recordings on Tuesday where it stutters and skips part of the recording.  One that showed as recorded and then could not be played, instead gave an error code.  Two recordings where within the first minute it skipped ahead and for one it lost the sound after that. Skipping ahead and then back so not to cross over that skipped area got the sound back.   

On Wednesday I recorded the CFL game and it skipped the first four minutes of the third quarter.  I saw the third quarter kickoff and then suddenly there was another kickoff and only 11 minutes left in the quarter. 

I had the same issue for the past week.  In addition to s...

Fxlarryw65
Grasshopper

I had the same issue for the past week.  In addition to skipping and error message pop up often the audio will drop off.  If I exit the playback and go to live tv and then resume playback sometimes fixes audio but only temporarily.  Watching Survivor last night in the middle of the eviction ceremony as Probst was talking it cut to a commercial and when show resumed it had missed the whole part where he reads the votes and says who is evicted.  Then before it got to the end of the program the pop up to delete the recording came on thinking we’ve finished watching, but the timeline still had 10 mins remaining.  I was able to get a picture of the the error message while watching the Voice on PVR this week.  It says “Network Not Responding: We’re unable to connect to the network to complete your request.  It may take a few minutes to resolve. Please try again shortly.  XRE-06026”.  I was never able to play the show again.  The next day the show was gone from my list of recordings.  Please Shaw fix this issue!!!

I contacted Shaw support he said the whole cloud pvr netw...

Kevtsen
Grasshopper

I contacted Shaw support he said the whole cloud pvr network is experiencing problems , he doesn’t know when it will be fully functioning again. Guess no csi for me 😞

Original poster: I am also having the symptoms that have...

BA2-0
Grasshopper

Original poster: I am also having the symptoms that have been mentioned in the replies. The problem is so bad now that every recording is unwatchable. Seriously starting to think about checking out Telus.

Recorded shows show up in the list and then the next time I look they are gone.Then I go to on-demand, hit play, only to find it is actually playing my recording. How can I tell? I can FF through commercials and the skipping starts to happen. The skipping doesn't happen for the on-demand viewing.

Sections of the recording get "stuck" and cycle back and forward jerking through a few seconds of the show.

I've gotten the "Network not responding" error message.

"We're unable to connect to the network to complete your request. It may take a few minutes to resolve. Please try again shortly.

If the problem persists, please call 1-800-472-2222 and reference #001."  XRE-06026

We are having the same issue. Makes me want to cancel and...

sgolembleski
Grasshopper

We are having the same issue. Makes me want to cancel and switch to MTS.

This is the worst, I PVR everything. Cannot watch any of...

Winter69
Grasshopper

This is the worst, I PVR everything. Cannot watch any of my shows. All of the same issues as reported. Tried without success to get hold of an agent. Beyond frustrated, ready to throw in the towel 

Apparently it is a “known issue” known to everyone but th...

rstra
Grand Master

Apparently it is a “known issue” known to everyone but the customer. Not sure why the @shaw-moderator can’t update us here.

TALK TO US
We're here to help